Propane regulator

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksheep

Ok, guys this is way off the normal tip ,but here it goes. I've been fn around with my propane for my camper all morning. Me and the wifey are going to lake marion for the weekend and we noticed that the burners on the stove were very weak . I just thought, ok, replace the regulator. I did that,and nothing. So, I decided to swap tanks and use another . Nada! Since I carry my IPad to work with me every day, I decided to go online ,and search for answers. Well, little did I know that if you turn your propane on too fast it trips something inside the regulator and will not give you any propane. You have to open the valve slowly for it to properly charge the lines. Imagine that. So, since I found this out, I thought I would pass it along so another one of my unsuspecting friends would not F with their propane system all morning like I did. Ok, that is my tip of the day.

Ok, guys this is way off the normal tip ,but here it goes. I've been fn around with my propane for my camper all morning. Me and the wifey are going to lake marion for the weekend and we noticed that the burners on the stove were very weak . I just thought, ok, replace the regulator. I did that,and nothing. So, I decided to swap tanks and use another . Nada! Since I carry my IPad to work with me every day, I decided to go online ,and search for answers. Well, little did I know that if you turn your propane on too fast it trips something inside the regulator and will not give you any propane. You have to open the valve slowly for it to properly charge the lines. Imagine that. So, since I found this out, I thought I would pass it along so another one of my unsuspecting friends would not F with their propane system all morning like I did. Ok, that is my tip of the day.

i just learned that recently.
it is an emergency shut off for leaks
this 5th wheel is the first rv thingy i have fooled with.
just turn it on a little bit at a time.

It will trip if you shut the tank valve off with out shutting off the appliance first as well. To reset, shut everything off, disconnect the tank, reconnect, turn on tank valve slowly, the turn on appliance.

It will trip if you shut the tank valve off with out shutting off the appliance first as well. To reset, shut everything off, disconnect the tank, reconnect, turn on tank valve slowly, the turn on appliance.

just now i did that
pops and i are moving the 5th wheel tomorrow

You know, one of the aggrivating things about this is that I called campers world to see about scheduling an appointment since it is still in warranty. No one in service thought about asking how I was turning on the gas. I had to read it on line.

Latest posts

Back