Your automotive plans for the new year?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Install my 11" rear disc kit on my golf cart in AZ, then buy and install a high speed motor kit to get it up to 30 MPH. :D
In the spring, go to the coast and round up all the parts and pieces for the 37 Packard 115 3 window coupe from my fellow Packard nut, work up a plan and start the build.
Pick up the set of polished TTO American 5 spoke wheels for the Hennway that I ordered - narrower ones for the front - 15 x 4.5 instead of the 15 x 8 ones on it now and 17 x 8 for the rear. Then I can narrow and restyle the front fenders (it's just too wide..) and build a new grille with a 32 Fordish shape.
While laying about in AZ for the winter, I'm going to work on the plan for golf cart #3, something like a 34 Tudor.

Way to make us all look lazy, ZZ! [cl

I wish I had your time/ambition! Can't wait to see your new creations!

Did the Packard go to a new home already?

My automotive plans include driving the hell out of my current vehicles!

I want to buy a bunch of parts for my current vehicles and my roadster project, but I'm waiting on the CAD/USD exchange rate to get better. $3-5K in parts at 35-45% more due to the exchange, no thanks. It has also increased our prices up here.

Mine are finish my sedan before the portland swap meet in April. Then hopefully sell it down there so i can fund my family hauler. Im converting my first gen extended cab cummins into a crew cab. As fir my chevy. Drive it as much as possible.

Just plowing ahead on the 40 Ford panel. Get a water pump and exhaust on the 56 Caddy. At some point I need to get the 62 Ranchero running, get floor pans in it and get it sold so I can buy more older crap.

Continue to play Ostrich while failing to admit I have way more than I can possibly complete in a reasonable amount of time.
61 Off Road Rolls, yadayadayada
63 bone stock FJ40 ,
67 K20 step side long bed w/12 valve Cummins,
64 FJ45LV w/89 tpi vette motor 700r4, 4WD
87 Samurai yj spring conversion with Toyota mini truck axles and power steering. When that's done the motor needs done. It's got a B18 Volvo, can't find a picture
76 Pimp my Ride Pacer V8 conversion and custom dash.
29 Chevy 3 window coupe ratty with a Rolls V8, trans and rear end.
72 S1 XJ6 Jaguar, have a faster SBC 400, Tremec 5 speed conversion and taller rear end gears.

Attachments

• DSC02199-1.JPG
    DSC02199-1.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0652.jpg
    IMG_0652.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Picture.jpg
    Picture.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 20
  • Copy of House pics 030.jpg
    Copy of House pics 030.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of House pics 017.jpg
    Copy of House pics 017.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 19
  • Copy of House pics 088.jpg
    Copy of House pics 088.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC00243.jpg
    DSC00243.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 20
  • PICT0639.jpg
    PICT0639.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMAG1078.jpg
    IMAG1078.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 7715060144_eb68f65f30_c.jpg
    7715060144_eb68f65f30_c.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 20
More time..

I haven't even had time to start my rpu in over a year and haven't worked in the shop in about the same time frame. So my goal is just to get in the shop some. I have a rust free 52 ford Coe and almost everything to build it with a cummins drive train that I would like to get started on soon. The only thing that I will MAKE happen is my project elcheapo jeep and the trip to Moab Utah this Easter for Easter jeep week.

too much to do

My list looks familiar:
1. going all out on this Dodge truck in the shop so I can get something else done.
2. Keep the dailys running. My daughter's Jeep needs a heater core, for example.
3. Get either the Dodge or the wagon ready for the strip.
4. Take my daughter to the drag strip so she can begin racing.
5. Power Tour 2016?
... and of course, get rid of stuff I don't need.

440shorty

Im going to start knocking off my to-do list 1 by 1 .. hopefully I can get to the frame mock-up on my 49 before 1st day of spring , I will also use the 2X4 method .. I already have most of my measurements off my (temporary) frame. only difference will be on the front end set up . so that will be a little different (strait axle) and the frame will need to be skinny-er to accommodate the strait down headers .

This year I'm keeping it simple.

> Install dual exhaust on the Super 88.

> Get some music in it.

> New rear springs.

> Put in a new Fuel Tank Sending Unit

Exhaust ~ DONE

Later this spring I'll put some pencil tips on it.

Re-evaualed the suspension, The leaf springs are still good but, the Shocks F & R need to be swapped out.

So far so good on my plans to wake up every day! Been 6 months since the hospital escapade. And things are coming together on my other daily driver C-10. Tobby has my tranny done and we just need to hook up and I have some swap parts on the way from Speedway to finish that off. I'll post some pics when that gets started.

60 days

Who is on track so far?

Back on 01/02/2016 I posted:

this year i'm keeping it simple.

> install dual exhaust on the super 88.

> get some music in it.

> new rear springs.

> put in a new fuel tank sending unit

Dual Exhaust - Done

Rear Springs - Turned out to be shocks, not springs. Found Correct Delco Remys from 1966 on ebay NIB condition, still in original plastic wrapped package. Put them on both Rear & Front. Huge difference & ride. Car now sitting at correct OEM Height.

Pulled gas tank, RR on the sending unit, cleared up the tank, painted** tank light grey & straps black. Looks new(if you don't get too close).

>Only Music left.

>>Adding, Blast & Powder coat Wheels and new Tires

Let's hear your update

Going to Build a 408 magnum stroker motor and replace the stock 5.9 magnum in the '47. Planning to drive the snot out of this thing and find a '39 to '47 Dodge panel wagon that I can afford for the next project.

Finish up a few things on the '48 dually and find a new home for it.

Go fishing more often.

Not doing so well on this....
I have been driving the snot out of it is all I seem to get done.

Glad you're more on track than I am.

CLEAN MY SHOP!! Lol
And clean out clutter like tons of spare parts, motors, projects etch...
Then swap the BBC motor in my Chevelle for a LSA blown 6.0L LS, finish the 6.0L swap in my 92 C2500, get the 50 running, stop buying more projects...

-Started cleaning the shop
-Finished the 6.0L swap in the 92 C2500
-Started cleaning out parts (See JFG shop cleaning thread)
-Stopped buying more projects...Ohh! what is TTHAT?! [dr[dr

Not doing so well on this....
I have been driving the snot out of it is all I seem to get done.

Glad you're more on track than I am.

Well at least your driving the snot out of it [cl

I had to go for a ride to check out the new-old shocks. Nice day here for a cruise 50 temps.

Tonight, I'm told we are getting a nasty T-storm / hail & high wind (40MPH+) front coming in. In fact just had a flash of lighting.

I haven't got anything done for a month or so. I've been busy trying to get caught up on paying jobs so I can go to Texas the last week of March to spend Easter with my daughter and her family. When I get back and paid for all my hard work, I figure I can get after the panel and the 56 Caddy. First thing is the 40 panel is going to the blaster.

I'm a slacker, not got much done yet. Weather has improved enough that I did get the starter replaced on the Verge. Still have to replace the AC blower motor and the drivers side power window switch, then the hard work starts, rubbing out the paint again. Got to get it ready to go to Tupelo MS the first week of May.

I did buy a seat hugger console for the Lincoln last Sat as well as a 2 to 4 barrel adapter plate. Going to run my 2 barrel on my Eldebrock intake instead of a 4 barrel.
Will get around to putting it on one of these days....

This year I'm keeping it simple.

> Install dual exhaust on the Super 88.

> Get some music in it.

> New rear springs.

> Put in a new Fuel Tank Sending Unit

Got the "music" in it. Running the wiring motivated me to also, add an AUX fuse box, install new carpet & door jams and package self cover and seat covers.

So that completes my Car resolutions. Along way I also rebuilt the Generator, Installed Shocks, did a brake job, new wheel studs and wired in a master kill switch.

So, I did get my list done as of July 8.

How are you guys doing on you lists?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back