Your automotive plans for the new year?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Well, here it is again another new year, time to think about all the things we wanted to do last year but for one reason or other didn't get done. Myself, I want to get power steering installed on the Lincoln as well as AC before the summer. Not going to worry with body and paint this year, I still want to pretty much have all the add on stuff buttoned up before I have to start stripping stuff off for bodywork and paint. I figure that way everything will be mounted and I won't be as likely to scratch up new paint installing stuff.

On another front, I'm still up in the air on the Vette. Love the car, but it has given so much trouble and the fact that there is three of us again, it is no longer practical, need something with a backseat. I have it listed on Craigslist, but other than a scam email, no interest at all. Would love to trade it for a 40-48 Ford Tudor sedan, but haven't seen any viable candidates yet that don't require a full rebuild--something I'm not really wanting to do. At least not until the Lincoln is finished, if it ever is...:rolleyes:

On the drivers, I plan on just keeping them maintained. I need to replace the rear wiper motor on the Expy and pick up some center caps, other than that, just use them.
I hope the 09 IH I just bought gives good service without too many problems. I lost about 1/3 of my gross income last year due the other truck being in the shop so much, not to mention the repair costs. Only good thing about that is my tax bill should be pretty low this year, might even get some back since I have another dependent![ddd

The farm tractor needs a tire, the lawnmower needs the deck rebuilt, one atv needs brakes and the other needs to go to shop because it won't run.
Everything I own needs a little something, some more than others. Some of it will get done, some won't. You know what they say about the best laid plans.....

So, what do you guys have in store for 2016?[S

My immediate goal is to get the rpu done, hopefully this year. That car is standing in the way of me doing the real project I want to finish, my drag altered. I want to go racing in the worst way.

I have already taken a big step and have given my 46 to my Son Don. I also offered it to Dan, but he has his Fox Mustang drag car project and a model a Tudor sedan in the loft to do, so he had no interest in it. It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders, getting rid of that 46. I just would have never gotten around to doing it.

I also want to simplify and organize my life more. I have a bunch of stuff I will never use so I will be Ebaying a lot of left overs.

Forget the usual resolutions, like losing weight and eating better, I never keep those anyway. :eek::eek:

Don

I gotta get the Olds trans rebuilt by April 29 for the Vintage TorqueFest. I need to finish the interior too. I really need to get my F100 back running - still haven't figured out what the heck happened to it -guess I'll start with a new dizzy and go from there. Still want to chop the Caddy, buts it's my DD until the truck gets fixed. We just pulled and tore down the motor out of one of my wifes MG Midgets, so that will get rebuilt and put back in. Doubt I'll get to either Tudors this year, but I can dream. And since he mentioned it, my mower has a flat tire. Oh yeah, I need to get the junk s10 out of the yard and tear it down.

But before any of that, I need to finish off the inside of my pole barn so I can get it organized and have a place to work!

Happy New Year! (Go Hawkeyes!)

Slam the new motor in the Nova then get the Edchero running for Lone Star Roundup in April!

BoB

Attachments

• Edchero.jpg
    Edchero.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Edcherofront.jpg
    Edcherofront.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 25
It's almost overwhelming to put it all into one box :confused:

I will finish the interior in my 33
Build a 71 Javelin pro-street for a customer
Finish the 53 AD build for a customer
Finish the LS engine swap in my 68 C10
Build the 34 Pontiac pickup
Build a 48 AD for a customer
Build a 68 C10 for a customer
Sell a 67 C10 cab and front clip ($750 for any potential buyers)
Oh crap forgot my wife's 48 GMC 5 window :eek:
Build a 41 Plymouth for yet another customer
See what I mean ???
There's more but, the new year is ticking away as we speak [ddd
At least they are all understanding and patient :cool:

Reality has set in...(I think).....try to complete the wagon....
then thin the herd so hopefully this spring, summer make the move south
can't take them all with me, will never have enough time to finish them....
sooooo..... anyone interested in a new project, give me a shout......
stable:
1948 ford 2dr sedan(with 90% parts to complete)
1938 ford cab rat rod project
1940 ford pick up( body only)
1957 ford pick up (complete orig, rough but would make a nice rat)
1967 chevy c-10 (on mid 80's frame)
1966 chevy c-10

not a very good picture but here is the 48

Continue building the Bantam and Renault. Both running this summer.
Put an alternator and bigger radiator on the Crosley so it can sit in the staging lanes longer.
Finish all the little things on the Rover
Put a Trans in the Grey '27 roadster and sell it.
Sell the '27 Roadster I bought from my son.
Race the dragster more.
Go to Torquefest.
Go to the Meltdown Drags.

DO NOt GET ANY MORE PROJECTS. Although the '40 FRD truck body looks...

It's almost overwhelming to put it all into one box :confused:

I will finish the interior in my 33
Build a 71 Javelin pro-street for a customer
Finish the 53 AD build for a customer
Finish the LS engine swap in my 68 C10
Build the 34 Pontiac pickup
Build a 48 AD for a customer
Build a 68 C10 for a customer
Sell a 67 C10 cab and front clip ($750 for any potential buyers)
Oh crap forgot my wife's 48 GMC 5 window :eek:
Build a 41 Plymouth for yet another customer
See what I mean ???
There's more but, the new year is ticking away as we speak [ddd
At least they are all understanding and patient :cool:

Overwhelmed me just reading about it OI......:D:D:D

Sheesh...
Get front end and brakes rebuilt
Get driveshaft built.
Find gauges, aftermarket heater, electric wiper conversion
Get dash reinstalled
Buy and install power brake MC and booster w/disc/disc valve
Make sure engine runs and transmission works.
Find and fab mounts for radiator
Design, fab, and install flip mechanism for front sheet metal
Design, fab, and install custom grille
Sell Cragars and buy wheels I like and can afford
Exhaust
Lights
Install interior
Sell Tremec 3550 to finance part of the build
Sell '59 Rambler project to help finance build
Try to remember everything not on list. :D

Attachments

• DSCF2437.jpg
    DSCF2437.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 19
I would love to retire this year. Market willing!

Get the '39 on the road.

Start the next project. The altered? '38 RPU? Something I haven't seen yet.

Retrieve the '71 Cougar and/or the '51 Plymouth, or sell them.

Lots of plans, shortage of motivation the last couple months. It will warm up and dry out soon. I know it will. :D

Dagnabit bigpicture, that 40 Sure is inviting!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must be insane to even say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully I can get my 37 Dodge pu together. Other than the glass and driveshaft I have everything to put it together. Need to spot weld in the floor substructure, body mounts and steering box mount and have someone finish weld it. Then it's just a matter of putting it all together, taking it apart, painting stuff, and putting it back together.

Lofty expectations on my part since I run out of steam after working for an hour or so.:(

Dagnabit bigpicture, that 40 Sure is inviting!!!!!!!!!!!!
I must be insane to even say that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's what got me in this situation to start with;);)
not because it's mine but it is a pretty solid truck, had it
stored inside since 81.......wow where did the time go.............
sold the frame and bed but the rest is there.........

Overwhelmed me just reading about it OI......:D:D:D

No kidding.:eek:
I'm not big on New Years resolutions as they are usually discarded by about week 2 of the new year.:D
My short term goal is to get out in the shop and get back to work on the custom. I left one of the DD's out in the snow this year so I would have some room to work on the truck so I need to make good on that.
Long term is to have the custom done and take it to the Customs by the Sea show in October that is held in conjunction with TROG.
I am pre-registerd so now all I have to do is finish it and get there.:eek:[S:cool:
We will see.....
Torchie

Have my buddy do the body and paint work on the AD-kota.
Finish my cyclekart.
Make progress on the '26 T roadster pickup.

This year's plan is to get the 69 c10 painted and back on the road. Dropped the motor in today. Gotta get exhaust Done on it and paint. I also need to sell my 83 honda motorcycle so I can bring home and tune up my 74 honda. I also wanna get the roadster running so I can drive it.
That's a huge list but I also need to clean up the property and sell a bunch of stuff I don't need. [;)

Boy, that 48 Tudor is just what the wife wants, and I wouldn't mind having that 40 pickup for myself. But due to last year [see first post above] it will be a while before I can make any big purchases . Maybe you'll still have it when I get able to buy again...

Boy, that 48 Tudor is just what the wife wants, and I wouldn't mind having that 40 pickup for myself. But due to last year [see first post above] it will be a while before I can make any big purchases . Maybe you'll still have it when I get able to buy again...

Bamamav...... I doubt I'll push to hard to sell any of them;)
I've had them so long they're like part of the family now....
so yeah I probably will still have them....:D:D:D:D

Latest posts

Back