Your automotive plans for the new year?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not so good! When the trans went in the Lincoln, all plans went out the window. I have the engine and trans out now and have started taking out the replacement 302 Ford that's going back in place of the Chevy. No telling when I will get done......

Goals for this year:

Finish the Sheets & Giggles 23 T Altered and get it to the Meltdown Drags in mid July.

Also plan to run the dragster for the full season at our local track with my daughter driving.

Hoping to get the Mustang out of the garage a little more often this year as well.

Well, so much for the best laid plans. None of these are happening this year .. guess I'll have the same plans for next year. I won't be going to Meltdown, the dragster hasn't left the trailer and the Mustang hasn't left the garage.

Instead, we bought a new house and are preparing to move mid August. Put all my effort into getting my current house ready to sell and have finally got it on the market. Hope it sells soon so that I will be able to afford to build a proper shop at the new house.

It's almost overwhelming to put it all into one box :confused:

I will finish the interior in my 33
Build a 71 Javelin pro-street for a customer
Finish the 53 AD build for a customer
Finish the LS engine swap in my 68 C10
Build the 34 Pontiac pickup
Build a 48 AD for a customer
Build a 68 C10 for a customer
Sell a 67 C10 cab and front clip ($750 for any potential buyers)
Oh crap forgot my wife's 48 GMC 5 window :eek:
Build a 41 Plymouth for yet another customer
See what I mean ???
There's more but, the new year is ticking away as we speak [ddd
At least they are all understanding and patient :cool:
Haven't started the 33 interior to many customers projects
Javelin has the 4 link back half done. Waiting for customer to save some money.
53 AD is done and gone.
LS swap has the engine, brakes and rolling chassis done. Body is at the shop for a complete makeover and paint job. Yep shiny :rolleyes:
34 Pontiac pickup is quite a ways to the rear burner.
48 AD is 3/4 the way done. It's drivable
68 C10 hasn't shown up yet.
67 C10 cab is still here with one person interested.
48 GMC has not been started although the rust repairs are done, the wife has claimed the LS swap instead :eek: [ddd
Went and got the 41 Plymouth last week.
A 62 Dodge pickup showed up Monday for a complete brake system upgrade.
I'm on a 67 Camaro tub and back half at the moment.
Done a trunk pan in a 67 Firebird.
Put front and rear torque tubes on a monster truck and a radiator in the bed.
Front clipped a 41 Chevy coupe with a 67 to 69 Camaro stub.
Have a 79 Malibu that I'm putting a 9" Ford in it.
Have a 50's GMC to build a frame for and it's gonna be a fenderless bobber.
Have a 92 3500 four wheel drive, I've got to put a 53 1.5 ton AD body on.
Stand by, this is insane [S I may have to have someone put me out of my misery :p

Moving and setting down 2 garages interfered with my summer plans. I had hoped to have the 40 panel to the sand blaster to get stripped and primed. Then the 59 F250 4x4 came along and sidetracked me like a cheap floozy. Now I also need to round up the $$ to get a slab poured in the new garage and have it closed up by winter.

Well, so much for the best laid plans. None of these are happening this year .. guess I'll have the same plans for next year. I won't be going to Meltdown, the dragster hasn't left the trailer and the Mustang hasn't left the garage.

Instead, we bought a new house and are preparing to move mid August. Put all my effort into getting my current house ready to sell and have finally got it on the market. Hope it sells soon so that I will be able to afford to build a proper shop at the new house.

Glad to hear you got the house on the market! Hope it sells quick, that would be a load off!

You've got your priorities right. The racing can wait

I'll be going to the Meltdown Drags Saturday only. Down and back in one day. Not bringing the dragster. A friend is bringing the Crosley. It's loaded and ready to go. (It's for sale)

Latest posts

Back