Interesting Studebaker Hot Rod on eBay

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It doesn't appear to have more than 2" of front end clearance. Plus for 20 grand he could have put the viper sign on the front crossmember on straight:rolleyes:

Someone sure dropped a big pile of cash on that thing! Doubt he'll get most of it back! :eek:

iSore

I agree on the front cross member, not sure it's even above the scrub line? I would have put a air dam or some kind of spoiler in front of it, painted flat black to disappear in the darkness. Neat gimmick on the door mirrors, but that's all it is to me, a gimmick. A nice set of swan neck mirrors would have looked just as good to me, probably better. I'm not a big fan of the bullet nose Studes, but I'd drive it with a few mods! [cl

It almost looks like they used parts of a 50 era chevy panel to build it. Cool and interesting car but to me a prime example of a builder who don't know where to quit, way overdone for my tastes.

Doesn't look like he's worked all the bugs out to me [ddd

s-l1600.jpg

The gauge cluster and the steering column/wheel are from a dodge truck. I would bet that is where the drivetrain is from as well and not a viper. I thought it was odd not to have a single engine pic also.

My initial thought on the side profile pic was he literally shaved the "mutts cuts" van from dumb and dumber. :rolleyes:
And what's with the viper trim? Oh well, not my cup of tea but interesting.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 12
My initial thought on the side profile pic was he literally shaved the "mutts cuts" van from dumb and dumber. :rolleyes:
And what's with the viper trim? Oh well, not my cup of tea but interesting.

Hahaha, I didn't catch the resemblance.

It's supposed to have a Viper V-10. As 21willys mentioned, since it has SRT-10 gauges, I'm guessing that the engine and trans were likely from an SRT-10 and not a Viper. Agree with 21willys that it's strange to not have any engine pics.

I'd definitely stop and look it over at a show or run. He's darn sure put a lot more work into it than many (most) of us do our rides, or somebody did. I'm not a fan of late model dashes in old cars, or modern drive trains either for that matter. I'd like it better if it had a little more of the home brew appeal instead of commercial rod shop. Also putting sports car underpinnings and drive trains in something gawkward and ungainly seems silly.

Latest posts

Back