1934 Cadillac

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Snopro, I'm a little miffed at ZZ for giving that car away. If John Q. Public would have taken that very Cadillac project to any shop in any city in Western Canada, they would have charged him at least one hundred dollars an hour. That shop would have spent at least one thousand hours working on the car to make it as nice as they could. There, now, the bill will be at least one hundred thousand dollars of labour, with no new parts yet.
There isn't a shop in western Canada that has the Wayne Gretski of all builders like ZZ's shop has, so John Q. Publics car won't be as nice but he will have paid more than $115K. So there's the proof that ZZ is a philanthropist, a giver away of great things. MHO.
Thank you, ZZ for being my inspiration.

Snopro, I'm a little miffed at ZZ for giving that car away. If John Q. Public would have taken that very Cadillac project to any shop in any city in Western Canada, they would have charged him at least one hundred dollars an hour. That shop would have spent at least one thousand hours working on the car to make it as nice as they could. There, now, the bill will be at least one hundred thousand dollars of labour, with no new parts yet.
There isn't a shop in western Canada that has the Wayne Gretski of all builders like ZZ's shop has, so John Q. Publics car won't be as nice but he will have paid more than $115K. So there's the proof that ZZ is a philanthropist, a giver away of great things. MHO.
Thank you, ZZ for being my inspiration.

You're right that a shop would have charged much more to do the same work, but that doesn't make the car itself worth more on the open market. I've personally seen a lot of professionally built cars from local high-rate hot rod shops fail to sell for what they've got into them (most recent one I remember was a 40 Ford Pickup Wadson's did, very nice, but not worth the $250K that was put into it). Just because they charge someone $100K or $200K to build a car, doesn't mean the car is worth that in the end.

ZZ made a beautiful car, and to the right guy the Caddy is probably worth that, but it seems like this guy is trying to make bucks since he got it cheap as ZZ didn't try to make huge dollars on it. Just my cents :)

its a one of a kinda piece of art... if someone offers me 115 when im done. its gone.. lol

Im sure zz gave it away even if they dont get 115 for it..

If one believes all the BS you see on these "reality" TV shows, there are a bunch of people walking around with big wads of money to burn...
Hey, if the guy gets something close to that number I'd be surprised but if so, power to him.
For me the fun is in the build, drive it a little - in this case I got it to one show - then pass it on to someone else to enjoy. On this Caddy I made 25% above my investment in materials (that includes absolutely every part and all supplies), and had 2 years of free therapy building it.
I'm happy with that and I can sleep at night knowing I didn't rip someone off.
This build and sell thing gives me the opportunity to buy and use all kinds of neat car parts that I would never otherwise buy if I just kept one car.
My biggest problem is that I've always got more builds swirling around in my grey matter before the current one is even rolling.....

If one believes all the BS you see on these "reality" TV shows, there are a bunch of people walking around with big wads of money to burn...
Hey, if the guy gets something close to that number I'd be surprised but if so, power to him.
For me the fun is in the build, drive it a little - in this case I got it to one show - then pass it on to someone else to enjoy. On this Caddy I made 25% above my investment in materials (that includes absolutely every part and all supplies), and had 2 years of free therapy building it.
I'm happy with that and I can sleep at night knowing I didn't rip someone off.
This build and sell thing gives me the opportunity to buy and use all kinds of neat car parts that I would never otherwise buy if I just kept one car.
My biggest problem is that I've always got more builds swirling around in my grey matter before the current one is even rolling.....

I don't believe most of that B.S. but it does have a bit of truth to it. There are people with money to burn that don't know how to use a screw driver but have the dough to buy something to make them feel cool, they are out there and I am involved in a experiment to try to find out. Project LS-SS we hope will find one of them but maybe not we will see soon. That Caddy is something special and I'll bet he get's close to his # if marketed right.
I understand the more builds in your head I spend way to much time tossing and turning trying to get to sleep because of just that, including dreaming about those Packard coupes you have hiding:rolleyes:. My problem is I never get to finish my own because of doing everybody else's. Sucks!
I so look forward to your Packard you do great work with total vision and dedication that many lack as a package.

I was thinking about this build tonight and thought it should go back to the top.

If you are new to RRR, this one is worth a read.

I also noticed that it has 99,256 views. With a little work, it will join the other great build threads that have 100K plus.

It took me a couple of evenings to go through this build, what a great looking car. I love the proportions and how the fenders are shaped. Those front fenders are stunning, so streamlined.

That car should have been sold with a black fedora and a tommy gun.

Any word on where the car is today?

Great job ZZ

attachment.php
OK, one more pic...

Attachments

• sep 27 2012 34 cadillac 024.jpg
    sep 27 2012 34 cadillac 024.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 184

Latest posts

Back