The Bogeyman

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead: "Call me crazy, but I think I can do it." If you didn't think you could do it and we didn't think you could do it then nobody succeeds here....[P

Bonehead-
Here is a picture of my first chop with the same body to give you a feel of what you are creating. Chopped the top 4" and cut the bottom of the body 4" and set it over the frame. It's comfortable to drive and my grandsons love the cool look. It took me a week to do the surgery but worth every minute with six grandsons.

Attachments

• Rat unveiling pixs 001.jpg
    Rat unveiling pixs 001.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_1351.jpg
    IMG_1351.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 67
Such a slow start Gastrick had time to disappear again. :rolleyes: New bender means cool stuff coming. [P
Slower than I would like, but the shop has been crazy busy this year, and is starting to slow a little now.

Bonehead: "Call me crazy, but I think I can do it." If you didn't think you could do it and we didn't think you could do it then nobody succeeds here....[P
Well, I know I can do it, I just hope I can hit the standards on my expectations.

Don't know you can't until you try:p
Then you know you can't?

Bonehead-
Here is a picture of my first chop with the same body to give you a feel of what you are creating. Chopped the top 4" and cut the bottom of the body 4" and set it over the frame. It's comfortable to drive and my grandsons love the cool look. It took me a week to do the surgery but worth every minute with six grandsons.
Yours looks great!
I am not worried about the chop, more about the 2 stretches, and I plan on bringing the front down a little more than the back. The guy I am building for this time, is good sized, and doesn't want to have to fold up to get in.

What? No sectioning? I see room in the lower section of the door. Yea, I'm another armchair quarterback. :D Looking forward to seeing the magic unfold.
I am sure I will get there, trying to make this square look fast will take a little magic.

So if I got you right, your gonna stretch the cab in the doors and stretch the cowl?

Brace it for the chop, but build the bracing so it can slide for the stretch.

As for the cowl, doesn't look too bad to stretch. Unless your planning on using a hood .... that's also stretched.

Looks to me the wide body cab will be the hard part to deal with.

So if I got you right, your gonna stretch the cab in the doors and stretch the cowl?

Brace it for the chop, but build the bracing so it can slide for the stretch.

As for the cowl, doesn't look too bad to stretch. Unless your planning on using a hood .... that's also stretched.

Looks to me the wide body cab will be the hard part to deal with.

Yep, that is about it, so far it is a piece of cake.

Can't wait to see where this goes! The angled chop should look killer. [cl[P

In your photochop, it looks to me like you are planning to stretch the doors, and behind the doors but I don't see a stretch in the cowl. I'm I seeing that right? Are you channeling it as well?

Based on driving mine that has a roughly 4 inch channel, I think stretching the doors and a bit behind the door makes the most sense as that lets you put the seat back a ways and gives more room to get in and out. Mine's tight and I tend to get my feat stuck between the seat and the front of the door frame if I'm not paying attention.

Yes, not only is the person I am building for a big guy, he has brought me a couple of modern Mustang seats. They take up a lot of space. I kind of think the stretch will give it a different look. A little bit like an old Federal Truck, at least behind the cab. Yes. I will channel it for sure, but my focus is the roof line right now.

] I am back on this project. and am currently narrowing some axles. etc. It is not a 4x4, but I decided to use a front 10 bolt Chevy axle.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back