Mustang Exhaust

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dude43

My Exhaust is pretty much on its way out. How difficult would it be to make my own? Its on my 66 mustang and its dual but instead of going all the way back andover the axle i was thinking just sticking some glasspacks on and have the exhaust go to the sides on each side right in front of the rear wheels. How difficult would it be for me? Sorry for the newbie question, i have a friend that can weld it but what about the bending?

I did my 65, just went and had some angles bent for me at the muffler shop, and I did the rest.
1mustangs.jpg

I used some aluminized 2.5" U-bends that were mandrel bent. I got them from Summit or Jegs and they are pretty cheap and very nice to work with. Just cut them to whatever angles you need to make your bends.

Nice Mustangs Bonehead![dr

I just got a few reducers and a pair of 3" bent tubes with some thrush glass packs and welded[;) em up to the collectors that bolt to my mid length patriots. Sounds NIIIICE...but not as nice as it was without the glassys[cl

How much would this cost at a shop? I'd rather do it myself but if it's going to cost me a lot more to do it on my own then idk.

Latest posts

Back