Lots of familiar rides here

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had to look twice, I missed all the cars in those pictures. :D

One of those cars belongs to my friend, Bill. He named it Skanky.

Bill is unique. He raced funny cars in the past, holds a Bonneville record, and is going back this year with a new car to try for another record. He also has more money than God but Skanky is his very favorite car, he drives it almost every day and across country.

At shows he sits his butt down on a lawn chair and smiles while people make all kinds of comments about the car. I guess he figures he has done it all and if people want to laugh about his car he is still confident enough to not really care.

Don

Cool story Don! It's always updating too. One thing I find a little off. The gals with all the tats weren't so prevalent in the 50s and 60s. Not that I mind, in fact I don't mind a tatted up gal with so many piercings that she whistles in the wind, but back then you'd have had to go to the circus to find that much ink...

Wonder what people are going to do when tats go out of style?[S
I never was one to do something like that.Times change.Tats could be a mojor disgrace one day in future.
But if they like them it is fine with me.:)
Cool site.Thanks for posting link.

I have noticed on all the pin-ups now a days thats dressed like the 50s has tats all over there bodys,,, did girls have tats all over them in the 50s ...???? I have nothing against tats , kinda wish I had one ,, just can give my money away .. I would want a good artist , and they aint cheep. I dont want one that some-body says, what is that ? I know a lot of men that has tats that I cant read and some I dont know what it is .. But they are happy with it ,, They might as well be ,, its there now :) Thanks for the pin-ups :)

Last edited:
Social mores have changed alot in the last 60-70 years. Ink has gained alot more acceptance. Were there tats on women then?.....yes...were they out there for all to see?....not as much! Heck, theres a whole lot more skin showing in public than a woman could get away with back then. My comment about the circus was not meant as a slam to women wearing tats, but if you saw a woman all tatted up in public it would have been in a freak show. Tattooing is as much an art form now as any other venue to some people. For the most part, the models being shown on this site are done real well as far as ink. I just hate to see a woman that has been a scratch pad for an artist with no talent. Most of those are works of art.

I agree on the fine art ,, thats what would scare me ,, some one that cant draw and mess me up .. Id have to see a lot of art work and then still dont know if Id go threw with it ,, Ive watched a lot of the ink shows , and there are some nice tats ,but $$$$$$$$$$$$$ would be out of my range ..

When those gprls reach retirement age, those tats are going to sag, and get blurry along with other things...:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back