How often do you drive it?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lazarat

Daily driver? Only to shows? Urge to just jump in it and cruise at any time of day? Feel like it is out there too much and need to hide it for awhile? (those last two resemble me)

I take mine to a local bar that has out front parking. Its a catch 22. A reason to drive it to the bar, and a reason to go to the bar and drive it.

Just curious, elaborate!

Is there a category like semi-daily? I take mine out quite often to show off; go get parts, lunch out once a week, A&W on Thursday evenings, test drives, and other events.
I thought I just liked building hodrods, but I must like driving them a wee bit too.

Kinda like Mac, I will jump it it way before I'll get in anything else I have.
To get parts, lunch, dinner and any time I want to go somewhere. You know like a daily driver :)

My Nova is actually my daily... didn't want a car payment when I retired! I drive my other cars as often as I can & to as many car shows as I can possibly get to! Can't wait to get my coupe road worthy... maybe I'll make our local 4th of July parade!

BoB

I work the dog sh%% outta mine...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSCN0563.jpg
    DSCN0563.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 110
  • DSCN0469.jpg
    DSCN0469.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 111
  • DSCN0470.jpg
    DSCN0470.jpg
    187.4 KB · Views: 110
Before i sold my last one, the el camino, it's in SC now. 3 to 4 times a week. Same with all mine as soon as they were legal. Now it's bike weather. Daily.[cl

Small it's good you keep iit full.:D

Maybe I'm the odd duck here.....but rarely. I've had many over the past 40+ years and I rarely drive them. I guess I enjoy the shop time more than I should. I'm even considering selling the Graham, the Thriftmaster has captured ALL of my attention now!

Before the I sold the Essex it was out anytime the sun was shining and it was above 10 degree's, I'm really going to miss it this summer.

When I have one that's driveable, as much as possible.
My last one was the 50 GMC panel truck. I drove that year round as it was my only vehicle but it was built for that. 4 WD and dual heaters.:eek::cool:
This is the only period in my life since I was 15 that I haven't had a driving vintage vehicle and I miss them.
Torchie.

I drive the Heathen Fairlane a lot...I take it anywhere I go, unless I need a truck. It's filthy right now from driving in the snow and slush.

I drive the Heathen Fairlane a lot...I take it anywhere I go, unless I need a truck. It's filthy right now from driving in the snow and slush.

Ratty or not that car seems too nice to treat it to snow and slush

I work the dog sh%% outta mine...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Now THAT must be a sight to see

I know there are a few cars around here in my small town but I seem to be the only one driving mine daily, usually a quick 5 mile round trip up the interstate and back, which is not stop and go and I can open her up a bit.

The other night there was a small show at a nearby barbecue joint, free pulled pork sandwich and drink to show car owner and passenger.

Next Thursday there is a similar gathering with free food etc 20 miles away. Tonite is the weekly Friday show hosted by Lakeland Cruisers, that one is 15 miles away, but it looks like storms tonite.

Tomorrow is our town's monthly meet and its large turnout.

Rarely anymore.:( My car hasn't been out of the shop in over 2 years [or is it 3? . FBird hasn't moved since last fall. Heck, my pickup sits so much now the battery goes dead. About all that gets moved around here is the wife's Expy, and she's the one driving it. All I drive is the Freightliner, heck, I about live in the damn thing anymore.:mad: I hate my job anymore. :mad:
I'm ready to retire, just not old enough yet. This damn work thing is killing my fun time.....:mad::mad::mad:

Haven't been to a show since 2016, the wife is just not up to the distance driving anymore, now it just gets putted around town, Sunday drives, etc., no more than 2 or 3 hr drives. It did once do work duty like Smallfoot, my work truck broke down and I used it for a week to haul around my tandem dump trailer in my landscape maintenance biz. Raised a few eyebrows, especially on trips to the dump, some of my clients mumbling that they were paying me too much....(fact is that the build cost was way less than a basic new pickup at the time, but people only saw shiny hot rod and figured big $$$)
attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• sept 19 09 radium 004.jpg
    sept 19 09 radium 004.jpg
    117.4 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC01199.jpg a.jpg
    DSC01199.jpg a.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 65
Beautiful truck ZZ.
I had to laugh about the customer comments.
When I had my restaurant /bakery I bought a new truck and some of my customers made the same kind of comments. Small town living.:)
Now when people ask me if I regret not still being in business I tell them that my only I regret is that I didn't make as much money as everyone assumed I did.:rolleyes:
Torchie

Good intentions count for nothing. I intend to drive my hot rod for local errands, to shows and cruises and maybe a trip to GoodGuys or NSRA. Doesn't happen.
Seems all my cars need some fixin' and I'm running out of the energy to do it.

I need one reliable hot rod then maybe I'd drive it to the Senior Citizen Center to get my toe nails clipped.:D

Rarely anymore.:( My car hasn't been out of the shop in over 2 years [or is it 3? . FBird hasn't moved since last fall. Heck, my pickup sits so much now the battery goes dead. About all that gets moved around here is the wife's Expy, and she's the one driving it. All I drive is the Freightliner, heck, I about live in the damn thing anymore.:mad: I hate my job anymore. :mad:
I'm ready to retire, just not old enough yet. This damn work thing is killing my fun time.....:mad::mad::mad:

Us 60 year old work'n folk gotta hang in there Bama. A good burnout will be helpful. Quick charge on the battery and your ready to go. :D

Truth be told, there are 5 trucks out here on my place and the 31 is the only one that runs real good all the time...:rolleyes::D

I am trying to drive my 36 every set of days off. A couple pics from last month at the show in Vegas. It was Easter Sunday and In-n-Out was closed. But I tried.

Attachments

• 20190421_140215.jpg
    20190421_140215.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20190421_114155.jpg
    20190421_114155.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 18

Latest posts

Back