Custom Mopar ????

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
keep pushing torchie (thats a pun for you!) [cl[cl

YUk. Yuk. Yuk.:D
Cleaning up the rats nest of a work bench this morning. Also digging out some stuff to list and sell.
Came across the auxillary power source for the Chris Craft.:p
It's getting there......
Time to get ready to go to the in-laws.
More tomorrow.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-2.jpg
    2-2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 24
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 22
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 26
Been a busy couple of days.
On Friday I went and picked up a new friend.:)
Spent this morning working on a friends 2 HHR's, then he helped me get the rear end squared up on the Dodge.
Once under there he said the frame looked like it was pretty much toast. Considering this car was headed to the scrapers I'm not really surprised.
It looks like a frame swap of some sort is going to be in the future....
Thanks for stopping in.
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-7.jpg
    2-7.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 23
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 20
  • 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 2-3.jpg
    2-3.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 19
Good looking addition T! Too bad about the frame though....

Thanks Bill.
As I said, I'm not really surprised. I knew there was issues with the front cross member but they looked repairable.
Like all cars. If yours has a rust in certain areas. So do most of the other ones you find.. Or will have.[ddd
Some of the donor cars I have looked at have had the same problems so for now I'm just going to concentrate on getting the body in shape.
Torchie

Back down on all four again.
Everything looks better now that the rear axle is back in place.
I didn't feel like breaking out the welder so I just Taped (Yes. That's right:p) the rear fender back on.
So heres how she sits.
Investigating frame swaps while taking a break......
Torchie

Attachments

• 2-4.jpg
    2-4.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2-5.jpg
    2-5.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 28
  • 2-6.jpg
    2-6.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 30
I sure hope you get to finish and keep the Mopar. It looks so much better than stock. You have a good eye in addition to the skills necessary to pull this off.

Thanks gang:D
I’ll keep plugging away at it as long as I can.
Any ideas for a frame swap are appreciated.
The wheel base is 123.5. I don’t have a track width.
I want to get to the point where the body is welded up enough to pull it off the frame,
Torchie

Dakota perhaps? Apparently, first and second generation Dakota (regular cab long box) are 123.9'' wheelbase. Track width 61"

attachment.php

Attachments

• Dakota fram dims.jpg
    Dakota fram dims.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 48
I hadn't checked on the Mopar for a while, boy what a difference from what you drug home!! [cl[cl A few squirts of paint, some tape and it looks like million bucks!

LOL. Yeah. The tape ZZ.:p

If this was a Plymouth there would be about 10 donor cars just waiting around. lol
Here is the stock frame for the Dodge.
I have a post over on the Old School Kustom Mopar site, but no responses so far.
My investigating seems to show that many just use the stock frame with drive line upgrades (Front disc etc.) Some have been sub'd with Dakota front frames.

Latest posts

Back