My Dodge Bros coupe!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As always, nice job Tripp.... [cl [P

Thanks Sarge!

Lookin' good Tripper, really like the seat...are you having it upholstered or are you going to cover it yourself ?[P[P

Still can't decide but gonna get an estimate to have it done... that will be the deciding factor! My buddy has a really good & cheap guy he uses so we'll see!

Like everything about it. Seat frame looks cool. [cl

Thanks... can't wait to be in the driver's seat!!!

BoB

Just about have my steering sorted out. Since early cars were tight on foot space especially after a lil channeling... the ol Tripper's got a trick to get some extra space back for my clodhoppers! More on that next week! :D

BoB

Attachments

• column.jpg
    column.jpg
    243.2 KB · Views: 33
Just about have my steering sorted out. Since early cars were tight on foot space especially after a lil channeling... the ol Tripper's got a trick to get some extra space back for my clodhoppers! More on that next week! :D

BoB
I'll be in line for that information.

Here's how I gained a lil extra space for my feets! Ididit has a column you can cut to the size you need and then install a bearing at that point! I didn't cut the 3/4" DD shaft but put it through another bearing on the floor to the u-joint... then on to the steering box. I saved 3/4" or so on both sides... doesn't sound like much but it was just enough! I cleco'd that panel down & will weld it in tonight or tomorrow! Column is set at 35 degrees!

BoB

Attachments

• apart.jpg
    apart.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 30
  • tube cut.jpg
    tube cut.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Cleco2.jpg
    Cleco2.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 31
  • clecos.jpg
    clecos.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 29
As said. Nice gauge panel. I have sold a few gauge panels to hot rodders from old boats I have scrapped. Usually SW panels that are machine turned.
[P [P
Torchie

Got da gauges in... next I'll wire them up & on to the next item... ever closer! :D

BoB

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 23

Latest posts

Back