A Nifty Idea

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sniper

Canadian Rust Bucket
Looking through an older issue of Farm Show and seen this idea. I have a few propane cans that can be used for the shell of these seats. The seat itself could be a tractor seat like this guy did, or a mower seat. Could make up a pan seat and put a cushion on it. Or a homebrew low back bomber seat if you want to custom build one. Get as fancy as you like. Got to be a whack of old tanks available. Couple of mower wheels and a caster and you got a shop racer for the bench session/beer testing.:D

Attachments

• Air Tank Seat-1.jpg
    Air Tank Seat-1.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 305
Oh sure...everybody pick on the ol' guy.:D I have a lot more propane cans than spare air compressors, besides the air compressors don't go anywhere near as far as the P-cans.:eek:
P.S. See my signature.

Around here even the recycling place wont take old propane canisters. Never could find a use for them except as air tanks. Last time I moved I left them under the porch for the new owner.

we use the propane tanks for target practice til they have holes in them, then we send them to the scrap yard. any thing bigger than a .22 puts a hole in them the first shot. and no they won't explode.

Motorized - perfectly sensible idea. Just yesterday I told my wife if I ever get a 4 post lift, I'm also going to get a motorized hospital bed to use as a "creeper".

.... any thing bigger than a .22 puts a hole in them the first shot. and no they won't explode.

You need to have a fire next to it - that tends to help the fireball thing.

Around here even the recycling place wont take old propane canisters. Never could find a use for them except as air tanks. Last time I moved I left them under the porch for the new owner.

What else you leave under there Bruno [S........ never mind.....

Sniper..... Farm Show is a great rag ......

Last edited:
Hear a spin on that tank seat idea...

use a 200lb propane tank and make it a Lazy boy.... eh....hello...anyone out there??? Hello??

we use the propane tanks for target practice til they have holes in them, then we send them to the scrap yard. any thing bigger than a .22 puts a hole in them the first shot. and no they won't explode.

Somebody had a video on FB the other day, dude took a propane tank with gas in it, opened the valve and lit it, pushed it out on a lake. Then from the other side of the lake, shot it. HUGE fireball! Cool and scary! :eek:

Latest posts

Back