1945 GMC Prohibition Express

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some of the new parts i have aquired[cl

Grille and Radiator
grille.jpg

radiator.jpg

Cab Lights still in factory box and the I converted them to LED
ablightsoff.jpg

cablights.jpg

Hand made 10 Gallon Still (Fuel Cell)
fueltank.jpg

stripped the frame down to go to the chassis shop to see what the next step was :D
My cousin grinding welds off the dana 70 (he was there for a while)[S

chassisstripped.jpg

Everything Loaded on the trailer and headed to the shop[cl
People were really trying to figure out what the heack it was driving down the rd lol

chassistrailer.jpg

Well the Chassis guy decided it would be cheaper for me to start over with the frame with all the cutting that needed done plus he wants to Z the front and rear so here is what my new frame looks like at the moment:eek:

metal.png

I agree that they won't fit the look of the truck, but if you are going to run them, just make sure they are in good shape..they were never intended to carry a vehicle of this weight..I would check them thoroughly, then often..they are 80 year old wheels

I have a friend who was running wires on his Model A pickup. He spent a lot of money to correct a problem he associated with tires, but in the end turned out to be the wire wheels . The truck never felt solid on the road. I gave him a set of large pattern Ford wheels and the problem was solved. Just food for thought.

Well He got the freame Laid out and started getting it tacked together trying to figure out the front right now and then on to the back[;)[cl

frame5.png

frame4.png

frame3.png

frame2.png

frame1.png

frame6.png

Progress

we have all the air suspension complete and she sits on all tires for the first time in a long time
All aired up
21.jpg

Laying Frame
photo23-1.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

Front Setup Thanks to Donsrods
24.jpg

Wishbones Reinforced
26.jpg

Wow! So I have neglected the site and my build thread a bit. We haven't done a whole lot more just minor things. We are now in the process of re working the cab floor and mounting the brake booster and such.

We did make it to Billetproof in march and had a good amount of attention especially with my fuel cell (moonshine still)! So my truck is aptly named Moonshine now!

I will try and sit down and add some more pictures soon. :)

I hope everyone is doing good

Latest posts

Back