Skip's 39 Ford PU. How it happened

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My 2 cents on a trade......
I would go with the 50 Buick if it and the Ford are in about the same shape.
Any car That I can remember new isn't a "Old Car" to me.:eek:[ddd I had a 50 Sedanette . The Fast back 2 door. It was a blast to drive and those straight 8"s have a sound all their own. JMHO
Selling stuff really brings out the "Interesting" people. I remember when I had the custom truck for sale. Some Know - it -all called me and proceeded to tell me that what I had done to it wasn't really that much work.
To which I replied (Right before I hung up), "So go and do it yourself then."
[P [P [P
Torchie
We are like minded on many things, my friend. This is another. The Ford is interesting, but the Buick is the one that grabbed my attention. All that grille. ;) We'll see what happens. Either would fit around me better than my 39, but the only one is really old.

that buick better be super duper nice for 15k. the ford better be super nice and have 10k in the trunk.

just being real.

that buick better be super duper nice for 15k. the ford better be super nice and have 10k in the trunk.

just being real.
Agreed. We haven't discussed dollars yet.

Attachments

• 50buick.jpg
    50buick.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
The Buick looks pretty solid. Check the floor pan under the front seat. These car had a under the seat heater that was a rust prone area.
[P [P [P

that looks like the ford next to it. if i am honest he could trade you both and still owe money.

and dont think I am being snarky, my super clean bagged 62 galaxie 4 door with new paint and new wheels and new engine and new trans only brought 5700. the buick is a 5k car, the ford less than that.

I would stick, you arent desperate yet I dont think.

that looks like the ford next to it. if i am honest he could trade you both and still owe money.

and dont think I am being snarky, my super clean bagged 62 galaxie 4 door with new paint and new wheels and new engine and new trans only brought 5700. the buick is a 5k car, the ford less than that.

I would stick, you arent desperate yet I dont think.

Agreed.

I thought about the trade offer for a while longer and this morning I e-mailed and bailed. Told him his cars are way cool, but they just didn't fit my style, and suggested he sell his cars and then come buy mine. (standard easy let down)

Time to put some more finishing touches on this beast. Get interested in it again.
Nice turn signals are in order. Cowell mounted in front. Bullets in back. Put the seat back together. Or make some bomber seats. That would be fun. I wonder if there is an aircraft junk yard near me.

I thought about the trade offer for a while longer and this morning I e-mailed and bailed. Told him his cars are way cool, but they just didn't fit my style, and suggested he sell his cars and then come buy mine. (standard easy let down)

Time to put some more finishing touches on this beast. Get interested in it again.
Nice turn signals are in order. Cowell mounted in front. Bullets in back. Put the seat back together. Or make some bomber seats. That would be fun. I wonder if there is an aircraft junk yard near me.

If you're just looking to sell still, I'd put a comfortable seat that gives as much room as possible for any potential new owner. Bomber seats are cool to look at, and that's about it.

If you're just looking to sell still, I'd put a comfortable seat that gives as much room as possible for any potential new owner. Bomber seats are cool to look at, and that's about it.
Thanks for that bit of information, snopro. Much appreciated. I'll likely go back to the original Suburban seat, with the option to upgrade to the leather one I have in the rafters. The leather one sacrifices another inch or so of leg room, but that may not make a difference to the right buyer.

Latest posts

Back