Every Kid's Dream

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A family from another part of the world could live in that cab. Hurry up and get it done so we can have the pleasure of viewing it.
I did find this picture where the seat back was built so that it hinges up to create bunkbeds.......not sure if top or bottom bunk is worse.
FB_IMG_1702919957000.jpg

Last edited:
This is what I'm thinking of doing for the front frame notch. I want to tuck the airbags up into the notch about 6 inches. The massive frame support up top will let me move the upper shock mount way up in the fender. I was planning on making the arched piece from frame material and welding it to the top of the frame. I would then cut the notch and patch in the lower flange.

20230903_094341.jpg

The RV frame is probably stupid overkill for a pickup. It is 9 inches tall. If I use a piece of frame to build the notch, I can fit it under the Seagrave inner fenders. I'm guessing this will let me lower the truck at least a foot and still have suspension travel.

How thick does the frame need to be over the airbags on this thing? 6 inches? 9 inches?

20240419_185721.jpg

How thick the frame needs to be over the air bags will depend on the weight involved, both as driven, and as it might ever be loaded.
With an estimated weight range, such numbers can be calculated. Without any idea of the weight involved, everything is just a guess. The shear size of the parts tells me it needs to have at least 6"- 8" above the bags.

Latest posts

Back