New toy, err, tool!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bamamav

Been wanting one of these for a while to manage my property. Have been looking for a while for a nice used one, didn't want to pay the outrageous prices for new. Was looking at Marketplace at one, couldn't go look at it until Sunday, when this one popped up the other night. Same as the other one I was looking at only a year older, 2008 vs 2009, and has 80 hours run time compared to 800 hours on the 2009 one. Messaged the guy, exchanged numbers, talked to him for about 30 minutes. He was the second owner, only had it a couple of months, he bought it to go hunting out of but it wasn't fast enough to suit him. Original owner only rode it sparingly, kept it under a carport. This thing is unreal! No fade anywhere, no scratches, it looks like new. It's 4x4 with a Honda V twin motor and a dump bed, just the thing to haul off yard debris with. Basically a new unit at less than half the cost of a new one. It's gonna be handy around the property, and fun to just get out on and ride. Good thing is the wife can operate it easily, too. She wanted another 4 wheeler atv, but I was afraid with her new hip she wouldn't be able to ride it much. It's a Bush Hog brand, made right here in Selma AL, for about 10 years. Don't know why they quit making them, profit margins I guess. It's heavy, around 1500 lbs, and has a load capacity of 1500 lbs, for a total of 3000 lbs. Tough built, should outlast me!

Attachments

• bush hog side by side.jpg
    bush hog side by side.jpg
    186.1 KB · Views: 37
Yeah Smallfoot, I figured you might like it with all the acreage you have to keep up with. Sure beats walking or putting my pickup in the woods.

It came with a 2500 lb winch and a LED light bar, too. Doubt I'll be out much on it after dark, but that LED lights up the world! May put one on my mower so I can cut grass after dark when it's cooler in July! :D

That thing looks great Bama. I've always wanted one for around here as well, but can never bring myself to spend the money. I'd have a real hard time keeping it that clean too...... :)

Does that one have a transmission giving you a reverse or is it torque converter forward only? I wouldn't worry about top speed. Even with a regularly maintained dirt road to run on out here, top speed will beat most people to death! Nice looking buggy Bama!

Does that one have a transmission giving you a reverse or is it torque converter forward only? I wouldn't worry about top speed. Even with a regularly maintained dirt road to run on out here, top speed will beat most people to death! Nice looking buggy Bama!

It’s got high and low range in forward and low in reverse. It has the belt and clutches in a sealed box that has a fan that blows in it to keep the belt dry. The fan supposedly keeps air pressure in the box so water doesn’t get in. Top speed is said to be 25 mph, like you said, on anything other than a paved road it does ride rough. I figure since it has so few hours on it, it should soften up as I use it.

Not to hi-jack, but... I traded for a new to me toy...tool too..(boy say that 3 times fast)
never had a riding mower before, but the right deal came and now I do...
Oh yeah, first time I've posted from my phone too...boy was that a trip.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20221125_104226.jpg
    20221125_104226.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 17
That is cute Forbigpicture. What is it, about a 24" cut? Must have a small yard!:D I've had numerous riding mowers the last 40+ years. Have to have one, no way I could push mow my big old yard! My current one is a Husqvarna 48" that I bought this past spring. Wanted a 54" but never could find one at a price I liked.

Bama, it's only a 30" cut and yes, probably 2-3 trips around the house and I'll be done ;):D I have mowed 2and a half acres at one place 1 acre at the last
place with a 22in push mower :eek: another reason for getting it, I have a lot
of landscaping to do and dragging off the trimmings is a real job for an ol' guy
so have plans to build a small wagon to do the job. Sorry for the rambling:D

2.5 acres with a push mower? You’re a better man than me![cl
Those smaller mowers are good to get in tight places. I’ve eliminated most of the tight spaces on mine, I’ve pretty much got open range.:D

Latest posts

Back