Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ins2g8r

Hi all, scott from north central wisconsin. No rat rod yet, was going to v 8 my miata soon. After thinking about it, i want to build a rat rod. I love them. Saw one in the build stage on tv i liked. Took a pic of of it, think its a truck cab, So going to read and look around to see what i need and after i get my new garage finished , will start my project.

thanks for the welcome, this is the pic I was talking about, would like to do something along this line I think

Welcome to RRR from northern Alberta.
What about Photo Shopping a picture of your dreams and posting that for us? [your rat rod dreams, that is.]

Woooow, How telepathically cool is that? Right when I was begging you to send us a picture of your dreams,,, you did.

welcome to rrr, from bama. that is a cool truck, but i'm with sam_fear it looks cool but that is not a enjoyable driver. maybe a little less chop and channel.

welcome to rrr, from bama. that is a cool truck, but i'm with sam_fear it looks cool but that is not a enjoyable driver. maybe a little less chop and channel.

I agree, I am not getting any younger and can tell by getting in and out of a couple cars I have now, I am not a teenager anymore. I had built and drag raced motorcycles for 22 years, I had just as much fun with the build as with the ride, but am just going to keep looking and reading, try to figure out what I want, what I can do myself, and go from there, don't want to get in over my head or start something I cant finish. as an ltl truck driver I have seen a few cool old semi rods I liked. the only thing I "think" I know for sure is I like the rusty "as is" look, thanks guys, off to finish building my house.

Welcome to Triple RRR

I agree that's little over the top for street driving. Your head would fit in the high part of the cab but you'd only be able to see you radiator [cl
But it looks killer
Cruise through the build threads and see if any thing toots your horn. [P

ok, its been a while, been finishing building my own home, now finishing up garage to build rat rod in. found an old 46 ford 1 ton cheap, no engine or box, but everything else. thinking 6" chop, and channel. would like to be able to drop it on the ground when parked, but still be able to drive it without bottoming out, can that be done? thinking air bags. also want to put a stronger rear end in it, (9 ")going to keep the front fenders, looking for a box now. pumped up, my 5 year old grandson wants to help.[cl

Attachments

• 100_0706.jpg
    100_0706.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 100_0708.jpg
    100_0708.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 10
Welcome from Flawda! It's been said before, cruise the build threads and see what can be done. 46 Fords have been done many times and in different ways and I'm sure you'll find something you like!

Latest posts

Back