one more project.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MercuryMac

Builder Junky!
I know I promised you guys..... or maybe it was my wife, that I was going to cut back collecting projects. Well, look what followed me home this week-end, a 1929 DeSoto. I had actually said no to this deal, then thought of a nephew that wanted to get into hotrod building, so I phoned him and he said yes. He has checked it over and given me the thumbs up, and even his wife seemed to like it. I get to store it here for a while, though.
The tin is very good but the wooden skeleton is very poor.

Attachments

• IMG_1342.jpg
    IMG_1342.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_1343.jpg
    IMG_1343.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 61
YEP, just to cool.

don't look any worse than what l started with,[dr

got a title with it? PLANS[S

build on[;)

Later :cool:

Attachments

• start of sedan.jpg
    start of sedan.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 25
  • start of sedan 1.jpg
    start of sedan 1.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 20
  • start of sedan 2.jpg
    start of sedan 2.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 22
skull, there is no title and so far no VIN #. The guy who had the car on his property thought maybe one of his Grandfathers hired men left it there, way before he was born. It's going to be a stressful nightmare to get licensed.
The A plan is, my nephew from Calgary is going to build the car, possibly with an electric motor in it, starting in a few years.
The B plan is after many years go by and maybe nothing has happened, I will cut the car up and put it with my Model A roadster and make a Model A coupe.

Yes, Bruno, there is quite a bit of wood but none of it is in good shape but it will make patterns if the builder is very creative and stubborn.

I know I promised you guys..... or maybe it was my wife, that I was going to cut back collecting projects. Well, look what followed me home this week-end, a 1929 DeSoto. I had actually said no to this deal, then thought of a nephew that wanted to get into hotrod building, so I phoned him and he said yes. He has checked it over and given me the thumbs up, and even his wife seemed to like it. I get to store it here for a while, though.
The tin is very good but the wooden skeleton is very poor.

Merc The problem with projects is hiding them from the better half , I gave up years ago You may be able to get the paper you need from Skip at French lake ....I have a couple waiting in the wings myself .. and these are just the ones the wife can see...

Attachments

• IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1098.jpg
    IMG_1098.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1101.jpg
    IMG_1101.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 23
E-man, my friend Jack, who foisted this car on me didn't want to see it get crushed either, and I certainly didn't. So I guess I've "done good".

OddRod, I should have done what my neighbour suggested. He said "you don't have to build a great big shed way down there, to hide your cars, just build a little one right up here by the window and she can't see out, problem solved".
No, even I know when the addiction has beat me.

English Bob, you have triggered some faint memories of your cars, but could you put a few pictures of that '30 on here and tell me how you tell the difference between a '29 and '30. Also where do you find the serial #. My '34's have the # on the passenger side B-pillar door post. So does my '46.

Latest posts

Back