Bertha

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In the back of my feeble old brain i was dimly thinking, is there.............but nothing bubbled to the top. So i just took a Grandpa nap. Sorry Torchie.

No worrys Eman.. I've been working on it so long even I forget what it is supposed to be sometimes.:eek:
Torchie.

You are right about that Never. Smartest thing to do would to leave the front clip as stock and just concentrate on some cool body mods and a chop.

Hey earthman. What am I building. Chopped liver.........;):D
Torchie.

What Torchie said.
Torchie maybe we're not building customs [S

Well went over to Ratchets house today to look at the donor vehicle. Think I am going to be able to get a lot of good useable stuff from it! Now I just need to get around to pulling the stuff off.

A friend of mine has an "on again-off again" custom project.....and early 50's Pontiac that has a cool setup but it's been awhile since I've looked at it and can't remember exactly how he did it. It slides forward about 3 inches before it tilts, and I think he used those 5 mph bumper shocks to build the sliders out of. Don't know when I'll be visiting him again but when I do I'll try to get some details and pics for you.

Love a 54 as a Kustom not a gasser. I was looking for a 54 HT when I stumbled on my 52, would really rather be doing a 54.
Kustoms don't have tilt front ends........ chop it drop it French it pancake it but please no tilt!:rolleyes:. We need some pics of your progress, love a full bodied kustom.[dr

We need some pics of your progress, love a full bodied kustom.[dr

When ever I get to working on it there will be pics. Almost started pulling out the motor and trans last night, but the stuff with the dodge has me kinda bummed. Probably in a few weeks I will start making a LITTLE bit of movement on it.

Ratchet was over the other night, we did a little fat trimming. Car is much easier to move around with out this big brick in the front. My lift table doesn't like holding it..... Tractor didn't like lifting it...... But oh well. Going to split it and start pulling it apart to freshin it up a bit.

IMG_20140709_215325_841_zpstpkhfzwy.jpg

IMG_20140709_220053_291_zpsamwmgxh9.jpg

Got the missing inner fender from ebay yesterday. Now just waiting for it to hit my door. Then I can start putting together the front end to get a better feel for what we got going on.

Put the front fenders on... barely..... got a look at it with more metal. Looks like it was a good investment! Need to put a lot more bolts in and more parts on, then start some fun. But for now I like it.

IMG_20140801_213311_975_zpsk4mwaj8v.jpg

its what he claims. Though I have not went to look at it for myself yet. It's a 2WD truck with a 390 and a 4spd. Again that is what he claims. I have not went to look at it yet. But if it really is a 9" I will take it and run.

Latest posts

Back