Traffic Pix

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Stude

There's a kool guy in my neighborhood that is a Stude freak & no kiddin'... this is his driver!!! Look how big the headlites r!!!

BoB

Attachments

• oldstudefront.jpg
    oldstudefront.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 125
  • oldstudeback.jpg
    oldstudeback.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 66
  • studeinterior.jpg
    studeinterior.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Funny cars!

I didn't see these in traffic but I didn't want to start another thread so...

I have always had professional camera equiptment & used to go to the drags a lot! One day it occurred to me to print up a fake press pass so I could have unlimited access in the pits, staging areas & just about any other place I wanted to go. I shot these funny cars while they were waiting their turn & the driver for the Budweiser dragster posed for the last foto.

BoB

Attachments

• funnycar.jpg
    funnycar.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 127
  • funnycar2.jpg
    funnycar2.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 128
  • budrail.jpg
    budrail.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 137
That Stude is way cool. There's a guy around here that has A pair of those headlights on his 32. They are big and oval shaped. Everyone is always asking him what they came off of originally.

Fake press Pass? That's a good one.

Free press!!!

Fake press Pass? That's a good one.

1st I scoped out what the real press guys passes looked like. Then I printed one, laminated it & had a little strap for it... worked like a charm. After that I got in for free too... who was gonna say not to free "press"!?!? Also helped to have a pro rig! ; - >

BoB

A couple I saw!!!

A couple I saw lately...

Attachments

• citfront22.jpg
    citfront22.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 56
  • citrear.jpg
    citrear.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 43
  • nashfront.jpg
    nashfront.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 54
  • nashrear22.jpg
    nashrear22.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 37
Those're collo! Not often you see a Citreon in the States, heck thery aren't too plentiful in Europe either. And I've always liked those Nash Metros, just think of them with an 8,,,,

U can't do it... wrong!

Those're collo! Not often you see a Citroen in the States, heck thery aren't too plentiful in Europe either. And I've always liked those Nash Metros, just think of them with an 8,,,,

Bruce,
My Dad always loved a good challenge & bought a couple of these old Citroen's from a guy that could not get the hydraulic suspension systems working. He rebuilt the bladders & some other stuff... sold both of them & made some real quick money. I think my Dad did it because the guy told him he couldn't fix them.

BoB

Cougar ragtop!

This Coug was in the shop behind my office!

BoB

Attachments

• cougfront1.jpg
    cougfront1.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 37
  • cougrear1.jpg
    cougrear1.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 23
  • cougtail1.jpg
    cougtail1.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 16
Thanks!

Chaos,
Thanks 4 that shot. I'd love to see a rat drivin' down the street like that but so far... it ain't happening!

BoB

Ratty Chev truck

I saw this ratty truck parked on the street down from my house...

Lakota... the sign in the back window says... "Choctaw Pride".

BoB

Attachments

• truckHfront.jpg
    truckHfront.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 182
  • chevtruckHrear.jpg
    chevtruckHrear.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 182
Ahh, another AD. Those visors look good on them. I believe that one is a Fulton. Got a Dietrich on Mama's. Heck, I like the visors on just about anything. An old style one like that could look good on your's, Flat.

Desoto!

I saw this old Desoto parked on the street & this Poncho was in the drive...

BoB

Attachments

• dsfront.jpg
    dsfront.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 55
  • dsgrill.jpg
    dsgrill.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 45
  • dsback.jpg
    dsback.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 51
  • p.jpg
    p.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:
Old homes... old cars go hand in hand!!!

That new neighborhood is just full of old cars, you've come to the right place.

Bonehead,
It's one of the largest concentrations of bungalows in the US & I guess it kinda goes along with the area. Nostalgia is very strong here to begin with! They just had a big protest yesterday when one of the builders tore down a turn of the century mansion. And there's plenty more old cars... I just have to catch them out & have my camera with me!

BoB

Latest posts

Back