Just stumbled in to this tech tip

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomtbone

So I was testing my auto dark welding helmet with a powerful led work light.
To my surprise it does not tiger the darkening sensor. So if you have old eyes like mine, and you need to illuminate the area you are welding, led light is the way to go!
Cheers

I noticed that when I switched to the new style bulbs in my shop light. They will make my helmet darken if I look directly at it but won't if not... made a BIG improvement in my welding! So much easier to weld when you can actually see what you're doing! At first I thought it was just my new helmet but it was the same with my old helmet! [ddd:eek::eek:[ddd

BoB

I've got a Miller Elite helmet. It has an X-Mode which will not let even direct sunlight trigger it but, will trigger off the light from the welders arch.

I never had a fancy helmet, but I would try to get out in the bright sun so I could still see a bit. When did the auto-dark deal first come out, anyway?

I never had a fancy helmet, but I would try to get out in the bright sun so I could still see a bit. When did the auto-dark deal first come out, anyway?

I bought my first auto hood 20 years ago. But it was junk an I threw it out, after a flash burn. 5 years later I tried them again, and never went back. I keep an old helmet in my portable rig as a spare, and had to use it one day. I found out I had gotten pretty used to the Auto hood. They are a game changer, but get a good one.

I bought my first auto hood 20 years ago. But it was junk an I threw it out, after a flash burn. 5 years later I tried them again, and never went back. I keep an old helmet in my portable rig as a spare, and had to use it one day. I found out I had gotten pretty used to the Auto hood. They are a game changer, but get a good one.

Same here, couldn't go back to the old way! Auto-dark rocks! [cl

iSore

I'm on my third. First one my cousin had a car fall off my lift, crushed it and smashed one of my welders. he replaced the helmet. I fixed the welder. Wore out the second one. I replaced that with a Lincoln one and it is light years ahead of the first style I had.

Same style as the one I have. My first one got stolen, it was 100% solar, worked great. My second one was also a cheapie, it carried AAA batteries but was supposed to have been solar, too, never worked as good as my first one. It got to where it wouldn't lighten up, changed batteries, no difference. Then, it started not dimming, so I disposed of it. I recently bought the HF one, it is as good or better than my first one.

Whoa Kenny....you had a car fall off a lift?? How did that happen?

Boneheaded Cousin put his truck up and down a few times without checking where the pads were. then later was too lazy to move the welder and some other equipment out from under the lift. Instead of cleaning up and putting the lift down to get his keys or something out of the truck he climbed up in the truck and knocked one of the lift arms loose. Over it went and was only saved from going all the way over by my welder.:mad:

Latest posts

Back