Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007!

Go Back   Rat Rods Rule / Undead Sleds - Hot Rods, Rat Rods, Beaters & Bikes... since 2007! > The "BS" Lounge

The "BS" Lounge Off topic posts & general stuff with no category! You talkin' to ME?!?!?!

Old 01-12-2019, 10:45 AM

Default Movie Car Destruction.

Is anyone else bummed when watching a movie and they destroy an awesome car? Watching Expendables and they just wreck and awesome old pick up. Fast and Furious used to bother me too as did American Graffiti when the 55 rolled. Only later did I realize it was not the same car on it's roof. Jim
Old 01-12-2019, 12:55 PM
Older and more rusted every day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redidbull View Post
Is anyone else bummed when watching a movie and they destroy an awesome car? Watching Expendables and they just wreck and awesome old pick up. Fast and Furious used to bother me too as did American Graffiti when the 55 rolled. Only later did I realize it was not the same car on it's roof. Jim
Constantly!!! But I also like to watch old movies & wish I had some of those cool cars! Also wish I had been smart enough to buy some of those cars when they were cheap as dirt!

BoB

RRR on Facebook
RRR on Twitter
Wanted: Ratty '35 Olds coupe!
Old 01-12-2019, 05:09 PM
Never met a beer he didn't like!

I find that hard to take too. Just think of how many Chargers were totaled on Dukes of Hazard!

Beercan
Old 01-13-2019, 09:42 AM

I want to cry every time i see the original "Gone in 60 Seconds"
The number of cool old cars the destroy is painful.
Old 01-22-2019, 08:48 AM

I feel the pain also. But! Many of these cars that are wrecked are just far gone with a paint job, stunt fill ins. The 55 in American Graffiti was one of 3 cars used, the original driver which was also (first) used in Two Lane Blacktop recently sold at auction for over 200k.

Also, about the Easy Rider bikes: The one that was wrecked at the end was rebuilt and in the Smthsonian. The one ridden in the movie was stolen before the film was released. Ooops!

But somehow was recovered and now in the hands of a private person, that one was signed by Fonda. Not sure how much of it is the original or how he got the title...