The Bonehead Truck Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The seats are curved to fit your body, they have lumbar support. Without the cusions they are pretty hard to take. The covers from the old plastic seats fit these, but a big foam cusion makes my old bones like these seats alot more.

I thought I would post this picture, it is from when I had the first seats out, it really shows the front spring mounts for the rear leaf springs. They are really inside the cab, mostly so I could get that tire close to the cab. It also shows a little road grunge. This is a years time from when I first fired it off.
A1springs.jpg

Now I have to tell you about the look I am after. This is a real rat rod build. No place for a polished, and pretty. The planned grunge look theme runs deep in this build, but when car guys look it over they always come away talking about how well it is built. Part of it comes from a speedy build, some comes from my childhood on the farm, make it work, make it strong, make it fast. Also I want to bring out the "little touches" I am so fond of. When I look into a polished hot rod interior, and see the brown leather dash that rolls down nicely to a brown carpet, and to a brown leather seat, I like the work that went into the seamlessness of the cab. But one reason people like rats, is because it all shows, and they are all very unique. At any rate here is some inside cab pictures. Don't laugh too hard.
A1Guages.jpg

The other thing that gets alot of attention is the skulls in the seats and on the shifter, I have been dinking around with them for some time, but finally, started selling them at car shows. they have now become very popular.
1shifterchoice.jpg

So me and Mrs.Bonehead, (She drives my chase vehicle), hanging out at the Row5, (group W bench)

Nice pics of the build. No probs with the interior, you got the look you were after. I like it. But, you gotta quit teasing & show off that wheel.
btw,,,nice way to get an Alice's Resturaunt reference in there,,,,:D:D:D

I'll say it again. This is a great thread. I've got a Bonehead Original knob in my collection but I still want to see that steering wheel :D

btw,,,nice way to get an Alice's Resturaunt reference in there,,,,:D:D:D

I figured some people would know that one, probably the younger guys missed it, but that's what we felt like. We were the only ones on that row.
Each row was a double row a head of us so lots of cars, lots of activity, and there we were "sitting there all by ourselves", on the group W bench. :D

I figured some people would know that one, probably the younger guys missed it, but that's what we felt like. We were the only ones on that row.
Each row was a double row a head of us so lots of cars, lots of activity, and there we were "sitting there all by ourselves", on the group W bench. :D

Have you ever been...........reabilitated?

Those Skulls are awesome!

love the hot water handle too :p

Thanks Blue, my wifes side is "cold", but that doesnt mean anything. I flipped a coin.:D

I have no side windows, as they had been shot out years ago. What I did have is two of the splined rods sicking out of the door. I was in a junk hardware store and scored the HOT- COLD knobs.

Longhorn!

Here's the Texican shifter knob the Bonehead made for me!!! I actually have 2... a Longhorn & a shorthorn!!! I love 'um!!!

BoB

Attachments

• longhorn3.jpg
    longhorn3.jpg
    11.2 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Great Videos Bonehead !!!! I had seen the frist one a while back but the 2nd rocks man!!!

Last edited:
Great Videos Bonehead !!!! I had seen the frist one but a while back but the 2nd rocks man!!!

Thanks, that was so much fun. I made that run about a dozen times. Trying to work out the bugs. That was when it was first built. It had rained, and I ran through a puddle and got wet. Needed a little more floor in it. :D

Latest posts

Back