Virgin Iron '48 Chevy 1 Ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bought mine basically only for the cab and front clip and other salvagable pieces. Motor was useless, and plan to sell it in pieces what's sellable. I had a shortbed at home that was used as a trailer. It's going on a S10 frame, 350/700r4. The whole floor of the ('52) cab was gone so I bought a '51 that was in much better shape, so I'm saving that cab for a convertible project once I'm done getting it together and running. Good luck with yours, I think it will look real good with those wheels.

I don't know what gear is in my '49 3800 but you can have it. I'm about 3 hours away on MN60. Nice truck you have, mine is getting clipped and shortened. Hell, you can have the front axle too.

Thanks for the offer and complement Todd. If it's original, it will be a 5.14....kinda steep! I'm definitely interested if it is in the 2.88:1 up to 3:73:1 range. I also want to stay with 8 lugs...now that's a truck!

If the front axle has been dropped a bit (no more than 3") I would also be interested in it. I'd be more than willing to make the trip if you have what I'm looking for!:D

Do you have any pics of your truck, let's see it!:eek:

It is in basket case form right now. I will do a build thread on it. Hoping to have it look like Bob's 50 GMC. As far as I know it is all stock including the 17 inch wheels.

Latest posts

Back