1937 chevy truck 3/4 ton

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lookin good, it's a real squeaker getting things all under the hood. [cl[cl
Those LS engines are great but I just wish they didn't look so much like an electrical appliance with all the plastic, gizmos and wiring....

I wired up the fuel pump relay, just have to get a wire to run to the fuel pump now

and started to wire up the ign switch, only thing left on that now is to build the wire that goes to the starter itself

the grill shell is now mounted to the truck, lower mount is done, I just need to get some rubber bushings or some rubber to use as a bushing

the starter wire to the ign switch is done

I need to get some clamps to hold the fuel lines to the frame and the fuel pump wiring

obd2 port and mil light has been wired up

and I cut the frame to make room for the lower radiator hose, I have to find a hose that will work

haven't made any updates in a few days or so

but I worked on the radiator hoses, trans cooler lines, and edc/tensioner mount

trans cooler is mounted, and I made the cooler lines out of -6AN

I had to make room for the lower radiator hose

I put a straight neck on the water pump, and boxed the frame

the hose is a lower hose from a 93 c1500 with a 4.3, i cut it just for this bend and it worked out

had to cut some of the engine cover plastic so it would clear the upper hose

upper hose is 1.25 at the engine side and 1.50 at the radiator side

found a tensioner from a trailblazer with a inline 6

in the build process.....i need to make a bracket to mount the free spinning pulley in place of the ps pump......i hope i can get away with using a stock belt

paint is dry on the part and i started to put it back on

i need to get some new bolts or shorten the bolts that i have to mount the bracket to the head

and i need to get some new bolts for the edc to bracket as well

I forgot to take a pic with the p/s pulley delete bracket paint
the belt is 103.25 inches long

I moved the fuel inlet for the tank and welded shut the old inlet

the fuel neck is from a 93 suburban, ones I get bed sides for the truck, I will know if the neck is too tall and can shorten it if need be

I got 9 gallons of gas in the tank now

I hooked up the manual oil pressure gauge, primed the oil system from the plug on the side of the block

and with no plugs in the block, I turned the v8 over with my classic minis battery, battery didn't like it, and didn't last very long, so I stuck the battery charger on it

but I built up oil pressure in the motor

today im going to connect the computer up
and then pull my yellow top out of my honda pilot

and today I plan I plan to check oil levels in the motor and trans
and start it up

video-1582921347 by joa kwin, on Flickr

I turned it over for 17 sec and built up oil pressure just from battery power

I think my classic mini battery is a 425 amp monster, lol its probably about the 1/3 of the size needed but no spark plugs means no compression to make it harder to turn over

Gota love it when the pressure come up [cl
Good Luck with the start up. Mine back fired and started a fire. Might want to check for any fuel leaks. :D

I had a few problems to work out but I got it

the red connector pin 9, green/white wire, is positive power out from the computer, I had it wired thinking it was a ground control for the fuel pump relay

so fuel pump wouldn't turn on, I pretty much had 4 hot wires to the relay, lol

I already had a extra ground wire ran, it just wasn't connected to anything yet, I was gonna make it my ground wire for the gauges so not a big deal

and then I had the 12volt wire ran to the fuel level and not the fuel pump
so I fixed that

and then I got fuel pressure and I had some loose fittings, so I had a 60 psi leak, so then I checked all the fittings and two were loose

and then I got the yellow top from my honda pilot and the engine turned over great but still wouldn't hit

so I checked fuel pressure and I had nothing at the rail

ended up being that I hooked the lines up backwards at the fuel rail

after that, it turned over just fine, and hit

it was so nice to finally hear it run

Last edited:
I just have the y-pipe connected no muffler

its a long y-pipe that meets up behind the trans

I got this motor from the jy Dec 2008, its sat in the frame covered up and sealed up since then

and ones a year, I would put a little oil into the spark plug holes, so that the rings wouldn't rust over to the walls, but since bring the truck out here to Tucson from San Diego (I think was 2017), I didn't put any oil in the spark plug holes

last year when I started to work on it, I changed all the seals on the engine because I knew they would leak if not

the motor came out of a Yukon that was rolled, the roof was flat as a pancake,
but inside the valve covers where super clean, as the motor had 50k miles on it at the time of the roll over, I put a new oil pump in it and had no problems priming it, and the 8 qt oil pan is nice

Latest posts

Back