Building the parts cars???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flipper_1938

He recycles the right way
I hijacked my own build thread http://ratrodsrule.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28603 with a couple posts about my daughters project car.... a Toyota FJ40.

For this build we are using a Toyota FJ60 as a donor vehicle for the 4x4 stuff, steering, and brakes.

IMG_7063 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

It had a blown up motor and a few bumps and bruises, but in the grand scheme of things, it is still a solid body and could still be a fun, cheap, odd project car.

big wheels by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Anybody else have trouble scrapping a "parts car"?

Yes, Flipper, I have accumulated enough extra pieces from my '36 PU that I can make a '36 or '37 two ton now to pull my trailer.
Also, I have been collecting shoebox Fords for a while and each of the coupes[rough as they are] have a pretty good sedan to go with them. The sedans would be the better build, but the four-doors are as pretty as the south end of a northbound cow.
I may end up building some of the parts cars.

Parts is parts, until you need them.

Seems all my current junkers (aka projects) are in limbo right now, waiting for the owner to make a decision and actually BUILD one! Maybe related, maybe not, but I'd hate to throw any of it away!

Decisions, decisions ... [S

HAHAHA. Dad saw the photochop and wants me to build it for HIM. My 76 year old man wants to roll a lowered landcruiser on 20's!!!!!! NOW!!!! [S[cl[;)

He eyeballed the jag stuff and the cruiser and looks like they should work.

Roll Daddy Roll !!!

HAHAHA. Dad saw the photochop and wants me to build it for HIM. My 76 year old man wants to roll a lowered landcruiser on 20's!!!!!! NOW!!!! [S[cl[;)

He eyeballed the jag stuff and the cruiser and looks like they should work.

That's too cool! You have a whole family of rodders! 3 generations. :)

The people on the Landcruiser Forum love the idea of ripping the 4x4 stuff out ....NOT!
It's all going to a good home. :D Not to mention a better looking home.

One of my projects of old was a slammed '56 Chev panel rolling on grafted/z-ed '77 GMC 3/4 ton 4x4 frame ends. It sat much lower than the stock '56. It found a new home before it ever hit the road. It was not the norm in Eastern Oregon, where 4x4s are required to stand tall.

I plead the fifth!

Throw something away?! Have you gone mad? [S

Had a friend who lost his job and was recycling metal for a while, so I gave him a lot of stuff, figuring "I'll never need this, never use that." Turns out I could have used a LOT of it!!! Ah well, kept his rent paid and kids fed, so I guess it went to a good cause. It put me on a clean-up binge, so lots of lost "inventory." :cool:

Latest posts

Back