"Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!"

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZfksOOKRUM

Thanks for posting, Dave. This Youtube is from the Meltdown Drags in Byron, Ill. last summer. THe first run features Tator's (a member here on RRR) shortened Studebaker. This is a "can't miss" event for us midwesterners.

At the 5 minute mark is Bob Huberty with his alcohol fueled flathead HAMB-style dragster. I am hoping to match race him this summer at the Maltdown Drags with my 300 Ford 6 powered HAMB-style dragster.

Last edited:
I love the old stuff !!!

Cool to see the "old stuff" still around, isn't it? I enjoy watching those a lot more than the fiberglass sticker replicas that run these days. Used to go to Carlsbad Raceway near San Diego when we were kids and watch REAL cars back in the '60s. Never got into it myself, but sure did love it! And those old ads are just priceless! You can actually understand what they are saying! [cl

Sounds like a great time, bob! Nothing like that around here. It's either local yokuls or NHRA. nothing ... interesting! :)

Great ad, Torchie! That's what I'm talkin' about ... :D

Latest posts

Back