Front suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't mean to confuse the issue. The way I see it, if it's not a straight axle, it's a dropped axle whether it was manufactured that way, or modified and dropped further.

I know this doesn't fit the traditional definition of "dropped axle" and I hope you can appreciate my point of view...

I'm with you on this.:):)

So I have decided to not go with air ride at least in the front of my project based on cost. I am planning to use the straight axle with the parallel leafs that came with the project. My plan is to make a "spacer" I'm going to call it that will move the axle from under the leaf spring to on top of it like you would normally see on a mopar rear end. Picture to follow. Just wanting to know if this is another bad idea or If I have finally come up with a decent option for this build that will provide the ride height I want without a large price tag.

Thanks,

Gary

The guys are giving you terrific advice, not to discourage you, but to steer you in the right direction and point out the realities of building a car, any car.

There is a reason a lot of us take 4,5, 6 or more years to build a car, and that reason is generally money........and time. When you have the money, you don't have the time, and when you have the time, you don't have the money.

But finishing the car is anticlimactic to a lot of us, we just enjoy getting out in the garage and spending time, sometimes doing a little to the car, and sometimes just sitting in our thinking chair with a cold one.

Take your time, ask a lot of questions, and do it right the first time. The car will be safer, more dependable, and you can proudly say "Yes, I built it myself !"

Have fun.

The guys are giving you terrific advice, not to discourage you, but to steer you in the right direction and point out the realities of building a car, any car.

There is a reason a lot of us take 4,5, 6 or more years to build a car, and that reason is generally money........and time. When you have the money, you don't have the time, and when you have the time, you don't have the money.

But finishing the car is anticlimactic to a lot of us, we just enjoy getting out in the garage and spending time, sometimes doing a little to the car, and sometimes just sitting in our thinking chair with a cold one.

Take your time, ask a lot of questions, and do it right the first time. The car will be safer, more dependable, and you can proudly say "Yes, I built it myself !"

Have fun.

[cl Very well said Don!

Latest posts

Back