1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Front axle mounting pieces/parts cleaned. Painted and drying in the Sun.
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0709.jpg
    IMG_0709.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_0708.jpg
    IMG_0708.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 14
You have sun:eek:

Well for most of the day gold.:D It even got into the lo 50's for a minute.[cl
Supposed to have some help tomorrow night so we will see what gets done. I would like to pull the truck out of it's cocoon in the back of the shop but with the muddy driveway I still have to be able to park 2 cars in the garage.
Got some figuring to do.....[S
Torchie

"Hey man. You are up a late as I am.
Torchie"

Funny, I was thinking the same thing about you when I just saw your response to my post. Yeah, Buddy woke me up to go outside, so while I'm up, I thought I'd catch up some reading.

Well things didn't go exactly as planned this evening.(Do they ever ?).
The help came but he neglected to bring the needed parts with him so nothing was accomplished. Just a case of miscommunications. [S
I will have the parts in hand tomorrow and will finish putting together the front brakes as well as installing the front drums with freshly packed bearings and new seals.
That's it for tonight....
Torchie

Ah! The little drawbacks of working solo! We all have them. Keep focused and everything will work out. All them shiny parts are looking good and I hope everything is nice and tight and works as it should when you get to that "cruise" part!

What was supposed to be last nights project....

Got done today......:D
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_0712.jpg
    IMG_0712.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0713.jpg
    IMG_0713.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0714.jpg
    IMG_0714.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0715.jpg
    IMG_0715.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0716.jpg
    IMG_0716.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0717.jpg
    IMG_0717.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0721.jpg
    IMG_0721.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 17
That thing is going to stop on a "dime" [cl

I hope so soltz. Now that I have the brake shoes put back in the right way.:eek:
Went back out last night to finish buttoning up the other side and realized that I had the brake shoes on backwards.:eek: The short shoe should be on the backside of the drum.
I have got to admit to being frustrated about this. Lately things that I have been doing for 40 years I am now screwing up.:eek:
Well they are right now.
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie

I know the feeling ...

Lately things that I have been doing for 40 years I am now screwing up.:eek:
Well they are right now.
Thanks for visiting.....
Torchie

Check, check, and triple check! We're not as sharp as we used to be, so being extra careful is a good thing. It takes a lot less time to make sure things are right than to deal with the aftermath when they are wrong. :)

Latest posts

Back