1933 chevy tudor sedan aka Project Copper Tone!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the replies guys. It definitely gets the attention I wanted it to. And yeah, I also can't wait until I get it running. Ordered the last few parts I need and it should be running shortly after I get back from Overland Park, KS. Went to a local show down here yesterday and got some really good ideas but I'm extremely ready to get back to MT, move into my house/new garage, and get really crackin at he car again.

Just realized this is one of those builds that I have followed since day one but have never commented. [S

Lots of cool stuff going on with this car and the tail lights just add to the cool factor. :cool:

[P[P[P

Thanks guys. I would say that the hardest part about building a rod is making everything fit right. I.E. finding the perfect part to fit in with everything else. Now that I have that done I'm coming down the home stretch. All that is left is installing the distributor, wiring, and exhaust. Not looking forward to wiring just because it's a bit difficult for a colorblind person to see all of the different colored wires. We'll see how it all goes.

JB, get you one of those harness that are labeled every few inches. I'm colorblind too, and it has been a breeze wiring my car with the labeled wiring.

JB, get you one of those harness that are labeled every few inches. I'm colorblind too, and it has been a breeze wiring my car with the labeled wiring.

Even not being colourblind it sure makes a difference being able to read the number off the wire and know you're using the right wire the first time.

Thanks guys. I would say that the hardest part about building a rod is making everything fit right. I.E. finding the perfect part to fit in with everything else. Now that I have that done I'm coming down the home stretch. All that is left is installing the distributor, wiring, and exhaust. Not looking forward to wiring just because it's a bit difficult for a colorblind person to see all of the different colored wires. We'll see how it all goes.

BCFA0A2A-F2EE-425C-9432-0F3F27CCDBB7_zpslrnqpl6j.jpg

Endicott those lights look great! I'm wondering about the visors on the top of the light though... My concern would be that it will block some of the light for people behind you in taller trucks and such. Maybe it will be fine but just a thought I had. [S

Started on my wiring. A little at a time. Figured out where to mount my fuse block, routed my dash wires(at least some), and routed the starting circuit out of the cab. Also made my dash panel. Still haven't cut holes because I don't have gauges yet. Here's some pics.

(Circles are drawn for me to help visualize.)

Been plugging along at the wiring a few hours everyday. So here is where I am at, got the tail lights wired in, headlight wiring placed where it is going to stay, ignition system wired up except for 2 wires that go to the switch, used a million and a half zip ties already(actually about 600), and that's about it. I'll be putting in all my switches once the gauges come in and the dash is in for good. Also, have to find an original parking light housing for one of my guide 682 C version 1s. Turns out, they don't reproduce that style and I absolutely hate the 1940s style 2. Oh well, guess the hunt is on lol

Latest posts

Back