1952 F-6 Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got back from what was supposed to be a quick visit to the leg guys. They have decided to build a new leg based on the fact that I have lost 70lbs and they can't make the current one fit anymore.:eek:
Good news is that my new radiator was sitting on the porch waiting for me. [cl
Supposed to have some help over tonight so we will see what we can get done.
Torchie.

Well you might say,

Getting that Radiator gave you a leg up.....sorry :( but great you dropped all that weight and now you'll have another new part to get around on....We have an officer on our department that has a prosthetic leg....was born without a foot...he gets around fine and has chased down more than one bad guy...
Good luck...can they do it up rat rod style??? :D

Getting that Radiator gave you a leg up.....sorry :( but great you dropped all that weight and now you'll have another new part to get around on....We have an officer on our department that has a prosthetic leg....was born without a foot...he gets around fine and has chased down more than one bad guy...
Good luck...can they do it up rat rod style??? :D

Why not sarge.:D
I will have them build it out of rusty black pipe and rebar......[cl
Torchie

More progress last night...

Got more stuff done last night with the help of some friends.:D
More work on the grill.
Continued cleaning up of the engine in preparation of Paint.
Put the new front axle bumper stops on.
Pulled of the 3 on the tree shift assembly now that we are going with the floor shift.
Pulled out the new radiator to check it over.
Drilled out and re-tapped 2 broken off bolts.:D
Going to take it a little easy this morning as Physical Therapy is really kicking my butt.:)
Thanks for checking in.......
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1099.jpg
    IMG_1099.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1102.jpg
    IMG_1102.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1104.jpg
    IMG_1104.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1107.jpg
    IMG_1107.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1097.jpg
    IMG_1097.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 19
Good job on the weight lose, that'll make getting around easier. That radiator is very shinny for an old truck.
Plant the shift and decorate it for christmas :D
Keep checking in [P

Man, you are serious about the weight loss. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I installed my aluminum radiator raw and ended up painting it with semi gloss black, light coat on the core and heavier on the tanks, so it didn't stand out like the proverbial diamond [ddd

Good job on the weight lose, that'll make getting around easier. That radiator is very shinny for an old truck.
Plant the shift and decorate it for christmas :D
Keep checking in [P

Man, you are serious about the weight loss. Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
I installed my aluminum radiator raw and ended up painting it with semi gloss black, light coat on the core and heavier on the tanks, so it didn't stand out like the proverbial diamond [ddd

The weight loss is good. BP was 116/60 this morning. The Docs actually look forward to seeing me now.[cl:cool:
I have also reduced my insulin use to nearly zero. So my next goal is to get rid of that altogether.
The biggest issue now is the leg fit and my stamina. New leg is coming and the PT will help with the stamina.

The new radiator does kind of stick out.:eek: Most likely I will do like you did OI.
Too damp and cold to paint the engine today so I am off to town to get a few more odds and ends.
Thanks for stopping by.....
Torchie

One step closer.....

Engine in a couple of good coats of self etching primer.:)
Time for a COLD one.[cl [cl [cl
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1110.jpg
    IMG_1110.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1111.jpg
    IMG_1111.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1112.jpg
    IMG_1112.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1113.jpg
    IMG_1113.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1114.jpg
    IMG_1114.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 17
No painting today. Too cold and rainy.
The engine will have to wait until tomorrow.:eek:
On to something else. :)
Torchie

And now for something else.:rolleyes:
Since I had the welder out and set up I decided to start on finishing the mods needed to get the 41 car front fenders to fit the F-1 cab cowl. The filler pieces that I made were just tacked in.
The 41 car was the last of the true "Running board" cars insomuch as the running boards could be removed. After the war the 46-48 cars had a fully integrated step sill.
For my purposes the flared out area at the bottom of the 41 fenders needs to go away. This shape follows thru the length of the bottom of the door and acts as a running board cover.
Cut out the flare and fitted and welded in a new piece of metal. As with all of my welded in patches since I don't have the skill to "Metal finish" them I get them as good as I can and then put a slickie of short strand fiberglass reinforced filler over the top. Hence the dark blue/green color. I Sand away most of that and then they are ready for the final thin coat of filler which I will do once they are mounted on the truck.
These fenders have a lot of flex and I prefer them to be to be mounted solid when I do the final coat.
Thanks for checking up on me....
Torchie.

Attachments

• IMG_1115.jpg
    IMG_1115.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1132.jpg
    IMG_1132.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1123.jpg
    IMG_1123.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_1122.jpg
    IMG_1122.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1120.jpg
    IMG_1120.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 25
Got the engine in color tonight.
Teaching one of the youngsters how to paint the way I learned to over 40 years ago.:eek::cool::)
The color is actually a deep red. Not as "lipsticky" as it looks in the pics.
The big news is that this arrived today. The day after I sold some stuff on CL for project funding I found this for sale. Box sides and the front panel. I have a good tail gate so now I have the back half of the truck. The box that I used in the mock ups was really pitted and bent. Brand new and never been used it has been sitting in the guys shop for a few years. He sold me all 3 pieces for less than half the cost of just one side.:)
Been a good night.
Thanks for looking in...
Torchie

Attachments

• IMG_1136.jpg
    IMG_1136.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_1146.jpg
    IMG_1146.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_1155.jpg
    IMG_1155.jpg