Smallfoot's AA

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm...Let me see if I can repost it. I can view it on my computer file but not thru photobucket. I didn't delete or move it....

Can somebody check and see if it comes up again now? Vids were where I left them on pb. I re-posted the file tho and deleted the first one.

Don't know! I've been posting stuff to forums for years and know you can't change anything in the pb files after you post to a forum because it won't go...but I didn't touch that one. Took over an hour to load it originally. Sorry! I'll get another ride shot tomorrow. This one was just some old guy cranking a chevy motor....

Way cool! Came out good.

I like shooting pool too. It's my other addiction. I usually come in second when I play, but I have fun.

Way cool! Came out good.

I like shooting pool too. It's my other addiction. I usually come in second when I play, but I have fun.

Well Hey! You're invited to come shoot but I suspect it might be a bit of a ride...:D There were originally 10-12 of my buds that started playing on thursday nights years ago. We have 5 tables between us and change locations every week. The group has dwindled to 5-6 regular shooters now. My old table is a Brunswick Commander. Made somewhere between 1916 and 1938. A 9 footer.

Thanks ya'll! Still need shots of the permagrin and sorry the video didn't happen tonight. Got dark before my company arrived and didn't look good in poor light. Will try again. Been having a blast on the driveway and on my 2nd tank of gas. The little Kennwood under the seat is cool but maybe under speakered...:D It's completely hidden and I just point a remote and press a button....
Got to check my volt meter. Not showing a charge but I checked the alternator with a meter and it's putting out ok and I have no loss of battery so far. Might have pulled a wire loose but may be a bad guage too. Not normal for me to flame a manufacturer but I've had poor experiences with most of the electronic switches and apparatus on this build. In my attempt to use switches that were simple looking toggles, I matched everything the best I could. Lots of it is Dorman stamped which is china made I believe. So far, 2 of the toggles were defects and the ignition switch was a defect. Then a Tiawan stamped pair of lights that were wired opposite each other. But these things are small and I'm just squaring all away as I go. Though I won't be able to run more tests until it hits pavement, I'm thrilled with it on dirt. It's just a blast to drive and I have thoroughly put the welds thru some beating already...it's good to go so far.
Thanks again for hanging in there on this one.

so fast it blew it's own door off...

Actually, just getting around to fixing the doors up some. Didn't take many pics but I'm only just beginning this journey. I have cut some of the insides off the drivers door and removed the old hinges. Have some slim line bear claws coming. So while waiting on them, I'm trying to make my own hinges. I went and got some large strap hinges from lowes yesterday. Supposed to have bearings in them and they were large(10"). Checking them against the hinges that were in it, it's hard to tell which ones had more play. I declined to use them. I'm making some out of some 2x4 frame steel. The odds and ends I have laying around will make them all. I took a 3/8" strip out of the center of the 2" side and welded it back together while clamped the the inside of an uncut piece. That lined it up real good. I'm just starting that so not much shape has been made but they should be pretty stout the way I'm doing it. Hard to stay out of this thing, it's a blast to burn up the driveway.

Making sure they' line up

I'll take close-ups when I get thru with the fit and shape them up some. Boy, the things ya go thru to keep from spending a hundred bucks!...:rolleyes:

Boy, we got some buildin fools around here. Ya go without posting for a few days and ya find your build 3 pages back!:D[cl
My meager process:
I know I hoarded that old washing machine for a reason....inside door panels!

Mounted the bear claw like this on mine. No handles on the doors. They'll be around back by the latrine...:rolleyes: They latch good! I made some cuts on my striker bolt and positioned the latches on a 1" square tube I put in the door frames early on. I planned the handles outside to operate on rods and the iside handles will be worked with cables I believe.

This shot was the last I took but shows the window channels I made with 3/4" square tube with one side cut off. I also incorporated that into the frame for the rest of the window metal work. I have the driver's door finished up except for the handle work but didn't get pix yet of the window frame skins....later!

Latest posts

Back