'47 Dodge shop truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sometimes a break is good, it refreshes the mind and body and gives you time to think things out. I'm currently on a break myself, money is always tight this time of year, so no parts are being bought. Plus, not having an enclosed workspace, I'm at the mercy of the weather, I'm under a roof, but no walls so the cold is also holding me back.

Currently planning the power steering conversion for springtime. While you guys are on the mend, you can be figuring out where you're going when you are able to get back on it. It won't be long, it just seems like it is.

You're right on all counts Bamamav.
Just treading water here. When spring comes it'll probably be just another blur
in my feable old mind.

Some more of that sitting on your butt work. I'm going to have to
cut another dash plate and paint it. The hi beam indicator light is
to close to the mounting hole and won't let the dash plate flush up.
Some more of that do and redo stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_2960.jpg
    IMG_2960.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_2969.jpg
    IMG_2969.jpg
    129.6 KB · Views: 33
Took me a while to see that one. I wouldn't want to make that again.

How did you cut the big hole?

I do the small ones with a hole saw and then spend a bunch of time with the die grinder opening them up. Do you have a better way?

Took me a while to see that one. I wouldn't want to make that again.

How did you cut the big hole?

I do the small ones with a hole saw and then spend a bunch of time with the die grinder opening them up. Do you have a better way?

I've got a Plasmacam CNC table. The best thing I ever purchased.

Nice! I bet that's a lot better than how I cut them with the dremel and those little cut off wheels.. Lol

I've done them with hole saws, dremel tools and a torch. This is by far the
best way but I can still waste a lot of steel even after having it for 2+ years.

I've got a Plasmacam CNC table. The best thing I ever purchased.

Oh yeah, I remember that now that you told me. I'd have one if it didn't have a computer attached. At any rate, not a big deal to cut a new one.

Occasionally I take a truck load of scrap metal in and get enough money to buy a 1/4 sheet of 18 ga.

Dodge freak

I got the new dash plate cut today.
I also spent a little time on the computer and came up with this.
Just something to keep from going stir crazy.

Attachments

• IMG_2972.jpg
    IMG_2972.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2971.jpg
    IMG_2971.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 63

Latest posts

Back