FrankenBug

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Body ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK just for the fun of it set the body on to see what all will have to be cut off , out , added , or redone , lol I know frame looks high since I have it locked in place that way to support weight till I have all my body mounts in place. Then will remove and set frame and body under it's own weight to see ride height. Here's just a few pics just to leave all yall wondering . lol

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    148.2 KB · Views: 44
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    152.9 KB · Views: 42
  • photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    141.6 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    156.1 KB · Views: 48
  • photo 5.JPG
    photo 5.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 50
Yeah friends told me to change it's name to WildThang lol here are a few pics from Ipad think they may show alittle better .I noticed I will have the motor sitting high in the air which I will love , it will give it that cartoon look aswell , might be a little hard to see over but oh well , gotta build it weird right ?

Attachments

• IMG_0042.jpg
    IMG_0042.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0043.jpg
    IMG_0043.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0040.jpg
    IMG_0040.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0039.jpg
    IMG_0039.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0038.jpg
    IMG_0038.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 25
OK so far

Don't like the back ride height so will be cutting to lower , but this is look so far , looks pretty wild I think .Box bed on back will be bigger just put a mock up on to get the effect . Still have to work front end but until I get motor and trans not gonna set up front suspension .

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (21).jpg
    FullSizeRender (21).jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 28
  • FullSizeRender (19).jpg
    FullSizeRender (19).jpg
    164.3 KB · Views: 29
  • FullSizeRender (18).jpg
    FullSizeRender (18).jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 29
  • FullSizeRender (15).jpg
    FullSizeRender (15).jpg
    174 KB · Views: 35
Wow indeed! Thought about doing something similar, since VDub bodies seem to be plentiful and cheap around here. Will be watching! :)

Lookin good!! What you going to do about seat height with the frame rail in there? You've got a little more headroom with the Bug than I do with the Ghia. It loks kind of tight. I still loose my hat every time I get in mine. Once in, there's plenty of head room. Keep up the good work.

Head room will be a mystery till its time to mount seats, Just sitting on frame rail I still have a good 6 to 9 inches that I can build up some sort of seat bottom with a slight rear tilt for back. Body may get raised up maybe 2 inches up instead of being even with frame bottom and after all is said I could always go inside and cut out frame and rebox . But will get motor and trans mocked up,and see just how much I have to work with before hacking on it first loll

There's so much room out front, and I like it! This thing is just screaming Allison aircraft engine or tank engine, or Caterpillar diesel! Who cares if you can't see where you're going. You can mount a front view camera with a viewing screen on the dash! :D LOL

OK going on a wild hair here buddy of mine just called , said he had a friend that has an old flathead inline 8 . with all the room I have thinking of just getting that and using it up front , after -all it's already going crazy insane looking why not make a huge design statement lol

Went back to rear end , changed out to a wider axle and dropped it about 6 inches , like the look alot better and now will move on with the rest of build . What do yall think ?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender (22) - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender (22) - Copy.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 35
  • FullSizeRender (23) - Copy.jpg
    FullSizeRender (23) - Copy.jpg
    149.3 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_0116.jpg
    IMG_0116.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 40
Probably ran out of money and/or time and /or realized he doesn't have the skill to invent a car.
Not everyone can do it.
I know I can't.

Latest posts

Back