'46 Jeep Willys Rat

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hoovail

Picked up a 1946 Willys yesterday. I'm not sure which direction I wanna go with this yet, but I think it'll be a true rat. I'm staying busy with the A, so this one is on the back burner for a while. I haven't even pulled it off the trailer, so I haven't taken a good look yet.

It already has a good start...Here is what I know so far. '46 Willys tub, Jeep YJ frame z'ed. The rear parallel 4 link mostly done, with stock TJ control arms and springs. 14B FF converted to discs. 31" tires. 307 sbc.

Hi Hoovail

Love the looks of your Willys Jeep...I just sold a very stock CJ2A version..yours looks like way more fun to drive when you get it done...good luck with your project...

MikeC

Nice

I did a 45 2 yrs back, there fun to run and people arn't sure what the hec it is. I ran ford 302/C4 came in a just at 2000#, scary fast and at any thing over a 100 mph felt like it might take off [S
Please do a build thread when you start [cl
Good luck with it.

Love the looks of your Willys Jeep...I just sold a very stock CJ2A version..yours looks like way more fun to drive when you get it done...good luck with your project...

Thanks, Always liked the look of a Willys Rat!

I did a 45 2 yrs back, there fun to run and people arn't sure what the hec it is. I ran ford 302/C4 came in a just at 2000#, scary fast and at any thing over a 100 mph felt like it might take off [S
Please do a build thread when you start [cl
Good luck with it.

I did a quick search and of course, yours' caught my eye. It was definitely sweet!

Definitely will update this thread as to what I actually have, and as I progress through the build. Once I start the project I think it will go fast, as there is already a good start. I'll know better once I have a better look! Thanks for posting, I might have some questions for you!

Thanks, Always liked the look of a Willys Rat!

I did a quick search and of course, yours' caught my eye. It was definitely sweet!

Definitely will update this thread as to what I actually have, and as I progress through the build. Once I start the project I think it will go fast, as there is already a good start. I'll know better once I have a better look! Thanks for posting, I might have some questions for you!

any thing I can do you help let me know, if you want i'll get the build file on photobucket and send you a link. I'll try to get to it next week.
C-ya

∆∆

Thank you! That would be helpful to look through, I'd like to see it!

Here's the link. Their not in any order, PB sort of mixes them up [S In the early pix it has the 2.3 Pinto motor, the worked but 8 is always better than 4 [cl

If you have question you can PM me, it might be a little easier?

http://s1054.photobucket.com/user/ssoltz/slideshow/Ratrod Jeep

I like the frame you have, looks like most of the work is done, if it's done right?

Have fun [cl

Latest posts

Back