I'm gonna build an altered.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliments. :) You know, I sent this guy a lot of business too ! When someone would come into work and say they needed an engine done I told them about him. Guess what I WON'T be doing in the future ? :rolleyes:

We have some really bad machine shops in this area, so when Joe quit we were kinda stuck. I am going to put the Olds engine on a pallet and send it to Ross Racing in Ohio, they are Olds experts and I am tired of messing around with this one.

Don

I was leery of using someone on my nailhead so, I downloaded Russ Martin's guide to building a nailhead literature. I asked the engine builder if it would insult him if I gave it to him to read ?
His response was he'd be happy to :cool: Since I'm used to controlling the outcome of the projects I do, I went by a couple a times and asked subtle but key point questions about the instructions :D
When I was confident he had read them I left him alone :p
I also required him to buy all the parts from Russ. I told him I knew he made profit on parts so I was willing to pay his mark up.
I've known this fella since the old racing days when he had just started his profession as an engine builder so was pretty comfortable with him to start with.
Glad to hear you've decided to use the Olds guys :cool:[cl[P

I have been in the same boat as you Don with machine shops. My father started using Manchester Engine back in 1978 and when I started playing with engines I used them too until Gary the owner retired in 2010. Since then I have used 5 different machine shops and all have had their issues. I finally found Precision Machine in Derry and Randall is excellent. It is an hour and 15 minute ride to get there but his work is top notch. He has even called me at 7:30 p.m. to give me an update! I told him "thanks but go the F*** home man!" Lol [cl

Thanks, Guys. I also like this new frame design much better. It is the same old story........any time my Son Dan gets involved I end up going with his suggestions, and he is usually right on the money. Makes me sick, think I will cut him out of my will ! :D

Don

Thanks, Guys. I also like this new frame design much better. It is the same old story........any time my Son Dan gets involved I end up going with his suggestions, and he is usually right on the money. Makes me sick, think I will cut him out of my will ! :D

Don
:D Kids. Can't trust 'em. Make him drive it first.

Really, seems you are one lucky guy. Not to mention smart enough to learn form your kids. They call it pay-back, karma, you reap what you sew. You must build kids like you build cars.

Latest posts

Back