1955 Ranch Wagon Cruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
update

Here's what the interior looks like. The seats should be done tomorrow and it should be out of the shop Thursday or Friday. I'll be excited to get it back.

Attachments

• interior 1.jpg
    interior 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 38
Interior looks good.

Have you priced that hydromat yet? Be sure you are sitting down when you call.

The cheap way out will be to add a reservoir around the pick up like a stock pump has. I would use the cup off of a junk pump so that you have the one way valve in the bottom of the cup.

Interior looks good.

Have you priced that hydromat yet? Be sure you are sitting down when you call.

The cheap way out will be to add a reservoir around the pick up like a stock pump has. I would use the cup off of a junk pump so that you have the one way valve in the bottom of the cup.

The Hydromat is pricey and the problem is knowing the size that will do the job. Cost is $130 for the smallest to over $250 for bigger ones. I have a SS tray built similar to the ones Tanks Inc. makes. But the easiest, cheapest way will be to keep the tank over 1/2 full. That's probably what I'll do for now. Fitech has a very interesting sump that's circular.

Thanks everyone. I told the upholstery guy that I wanted a modern interior with a '50's vibe and let him take it from there, so I can't take too much credit for the inside. Unless writing the check counts for something.

Last edited:
Beautiful finishing touches to a beautiful car DJ:D :cool:
Congratulations on a Great build.[cl [cl [cl
Torchie

Thanks Torchie

That may be too fancy to drive! I hope not.
Good job.

That is a problem that has been bothering me. I don't get off on washing, waxing, polishing or dusting. Everything else I have done is satin. The 3100 has been on the road since '07; I have washed it 3 or 4 times.

Well, I'm going to drive the Wagon even if it's not clean and shiny. I hope that keeping the interior clean doesn't become an obsession.

And it's not done yet - maybe tomorrow?

Upholstery

Here's what it looks like. Light, fun, a little '50's - hard to keep clean.

I left the extra carpet on the floor in the pic- oops. I'm not overly fond of the door arm rest/pull. I'll work with them sometime.

I have the sun visors, but I like the look without them.

Attachments

• interior3.jpg
    interior3.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 28
  • interior 4.jpg
    interior 4.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 27
  • interior headliner.jpg
    interior headliner.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 28
  • interior rear.jpg
    interior rear.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 26
  • inerior door panel1.jpg
    inerior door panel1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 24
Glove box door.

The glove box latch I have turns out to be for a '56 (big change in the dash for '56). It's bolted in from the inside before the dash was installed and it would be a bear to change out.

I ended up making a new strike (the old one is on the left). It could hold the door a little more closed, but it's good for now.

Attachments

• interior gb door.jpg
    interior gb door.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 22
  • interior gb strike.jpg
    interior gb strike.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 22
WHOA!!!! Great job DJ!!!![cl[cl[cl[cl Turned out even better than I imagined it would! Now it's time to break the seats in and do some cruising!

Latest posts

Back