BMW V8 powered T

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
super great stuff man, I love the BMW marque and my daily is an e36 M3. I was in the BMWCCA for a lot of years (with an e28 535is before they were tunerboy cars) and gave it up when they started making fat, "flame surfaced" cars.

amazing work, I like how you think! [cl[cl

I don't have experience with Ford systems, I went on tour through texas in an ecoboost v6 expedition that hauled serious ass even loaded down with the equipment trailer & dudes. I know HPtuners supports ecoboost stuff now so I'd imagine a tuned original ECM would be the way to go.
Thank you, good Sir. I'll likely leave it alone for now. Its already pretty dang quick. :D

One afternoon I was sitting on my little work tractor used around the horse stalls and I began thinking, you know..these seats really aren't that bad. They are lightweight, durable and meant to be weathered in the elements. They are small and don't take up alot of a realestate. I wonder what kind of options are out there for tractor seats.

I hop online, search "Tractor seats" I see a set that are inexpensive, small, look decent. They have a universal flat mount, they have built in sliders, they are low profile. So I order them up to give them a try. They aren't going to win any car shows, but they are actually comfy enough I think they just might work.

I hop online, search "Tractor seats" I see a set that are inexpensive, small, look decent.

That's what I used on my old ratty 'The Daytripper'... tractor replacement seats! I'm talkin' cheap... haha!

BoB

Attachments

• Howl-o-ween.jpg
    Howl-o-ween.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 43
  • interior.jpg
    interior.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 40
  • tofront.jpg
    tofront.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 31
It's tough to look at this piles of parts and imagine them as a driving vehicle, but I've got a vision and a loose plan.

On a plus I think those tractor seats are going to work out well enough. They look kind of goofy so low in the body. But, it leaves me enough leg room and it puts the side of the body at good arm resting height.

A few more parts are trickling in. '34 Ford "Commercial" headlights with integral turn signals.

SFI approved 2 point lap harness as seat belts.

American Racing VN502 15"x10", the MH 30"x14.5" cheater slicks will arrive in a couple days.

...at this point I'm stalling until I can order a frame. I'll feel much better about the build once I've got a frame.

Latest posts

Back