It followed me home Mom .. can I keep it???

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sc5080

Found what I believe is a 26 T body and frame, some pretty bad fenders, a couple of grill shells, a custom frame, Ford 289 engine, a rear end and a front axle and dragged it all home today. The owner threw in the engine stand and a set of ramps and tells me there is another cowl that will be included. All for $800 Canadian on the pay me when you get around to it plan.

Now, what am I gonna do with it all? :D:D:D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1138.jpg
    IMG_1138.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1139.jpg
    IMG_1139.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_1140.jpg
    IMG_1140.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1141.jpg
    IMG_1141.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_1142.jpg
    IMG_1142.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_1143.jpg
    IMG_1143.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1144.jpg
    IMG_1144.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_1145.jpg
    IMG_1145.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
What are you going to do with it? Sell it to Bob and double your money. :D
Nice find. The fenders are for an earlier T. You need a turtle deck.

There ya go puttin junk in your shop before you ever get it done.
What are ya thinkin about anyway [S:confused: [ddd

Cool deal.:cool: :D [cl
I always wanted to build a T bucket of some sort. Not that I could even fit in one....:eek: :)
Ed Roths "Tweety Pie" is my favorite.
Second time tonight I've posted a picture of this....LOl
Torchie

Attachments

• 400px-Ed-roth-tweedy-pie4.jpg
    400px-Ed-roth-tweedy-pie4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 24
Cool deal.:cool: :D [cl
I always wanted to build a T bucket of some sort. Not that I could even fit in one....:eek: :)
Ed Roths "Tweety Pie" is my favorite.
Second time tonight I've posted a picture of this....LOl
Torchie

I don't think anyone over 5 ft would fit :p

First you finish the new garage was my first thought too...nice score.[cl

Must be A December thing...I'm going to bring one of the unweldables home Wednesday...

Thanks for all your replies guys. I figured I had a pretty good deal here and your response confirms that.

Finishing the shop is the first priority but this was a now or never deal and I have nowhere else to put it except in the snow bank. It will be a bit of a pain moving it back and forth until the shop is finished but I'm sure I'll get over it in time. :)

I don't know Model T's at all... however, I've looked closely at your photos and the details... in my eye, I think you have a roadster pickup. (Unlike many found "tubs", missing the rear end of a touring car.)

You be the judge...

https://www.leftcoastclassics.com/1...ery/slides/1926-ford-model-t-pickup-7846.html

Yes Doc, I think you've nailed it. When I first heard about it it was described as a '29 TT. The previous owner thought it was a '23. I concluded it was a '26 rpu after doing a search and comparing cowl and fender styles to the photos I found online. The link you provided is the best comparison yet.

I don't know Model T's at all... however, I've looked closely at your photos and the details... in my eye, I think you have a roadster pickup. (Unlike many found "tubs", missing the rear end of a touring car.

It could also be a regular Roadster, with a turtle deck. The rear sheetmetal is interchangeable, so dealer's choice with this one.

I vote turtle deck! ;)

Yep, the T's were interchangeable so you could put a turtle deck or box behind it. I think those fenders are 25 or older based on the photos you posted. My 26 RPU/Coupe rear fenders are a bit more rounded from what I can see in your photos. I could be wrong though, hard to tell.

Here's a good link for fender I.D.
fenders

And this is a 26-27 Coupe/Roadster/RPU rear fender
9002740_L_fb94f77a-2da8-450f-99f7-b0f22c7167f6.jpg

This is a 1925 Touring & Roadster Rear fender, for reference.
64-49483.jpg

It could also be a regular Roadster, with a turtle deck. The rear sheetmetal is interchangeable, so dealer's choice with this one.

I vote turtle deck! ;)

Thanks for the education, BED. [cl

What's your plan for this project, sc? Everybody knows I love a drag car of any sort, but this one screams traditional hot rod!

Latest posts

Back