Panel replacemet questions

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tbj188

I have a question... I have a 71 Ford Bronco in need of replacement patches... My question is which to replace first..
The floor in the cab to the firewall is rusted out, the front door posts on the side towards the engine rusted out, inner an out rockers are both rusted on both sides, the bed floor rusted and very thin, and inner kick panels are rusted and where the fender bolts to the inner fender towards the cab are rusted out.... didn't know which to replace first don't want to warp or damage anything else if I did one over the other first.

Any help is greatly appreciated ,

Thanks,

Thomas[;)

A lot of times I find it works best to replace the small hard to get at areas first and tack them together and not fully weld anything until I know it all fits and works together. most times it is easier to work with bib pannels like the floor out of the way. Any time you have as much work as you are describe in it is real important to brace the body really well in order to be sure nothing moves and you maintain proper door and fender gaps as well as proper door operation. Good luck and take your time.

Not that it makes a difference,but I always do the passenger side of any project first so that when you do the driver side it comes out better because you worked out the bugs on the other side. lol
Most of the time assembly is just the reverse of how you took it apart.Lay the parts out in place and a lot of times its like a 3d puzzle where one piece has to go first before another can be placed on top of it.Good luck.

Thank you guys... I plan on taking my sweet time lol don't want to screw it up completely. I kinda figured I needed to brace it has a lot of rust.

Thanks,

Thomas

An old body tech once told me....

Not that it makes a difference,but I always do the passenger side of any project first so that when you do the driver side it comes out better because you worked out the bugs on the other side. lol
Most of the time assembly is just the reverse of how you took it apart.Lay the parts out in place and a lot of times its like a 3d puzzle where one piece has to go first before another can be placed on top of it.Good luck.

"You can't see both sides at the same time".......:D....

I rest my case.....

I must have worked with his brother the used car salesman. A lot of the cars he sold had diferent hub caps on one side than on the other.

you can't see both sides at the same time....LOL...the hubcap thing is a bit much but sure paints a picture.....:D

Latest posts

Back