To Stay or Not - Lower Rightside Toolbox Inset

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am trying to decide if I should leave the low right side toolbox inset or remove and patch the hole? I am also wanting to leave the exterior paint and patina as is so that obviously factors in my decision and how to deal with that if I do go with the patch? I will be removing the aluminum bed rails. I will be lowering the truck in the next couple of weeks after the drop axle arrives from Sid. Thoughts and comments are appreciated as I move towards a decision.... [S

Attachments

• 64 Ford F100 Rightside Toolbox.jpg
    64 Ford F100 Rightside Toolbox.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 64 Ford F100 Rightside Toolbox a.jpg
    64 Ford F100 Rightside Toolbox a.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 39
I'd keep it, but try to paint it to better match the color of the truck so it blends in better. If you patch it, a slight mismatch in paint will be obvious, but if the paint on the box is a slight mismatch it won't matter.

Not sure it was that rare, but it was an option. Might have been a dealer install thing. Later years were factory options.

I always thought they were ugly. They had those plastic zipper storage compartments in the doors back then, too. I had those on my 66 F250 They broke out, and I ended up with big holes in my doors instead. :D Definitely aftermarket stuff.

That said, if you like 'em, keep 'em.

Keep it....

For all the reasons mentioned and because it is different than 99.9% of the ones you'll see....but...JMHO...

Thanks for all the comments... I have decided to keep it on (for now) and try it out with the overall build and see how it blends in. I will make my final decision sometime out in the future.... :cool:

Latest posts

Back