I'm sure you can guess what I'm up to today!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Only been... ummmm... years! :eek:[ddd

BoB

Attachments

• -11.jpg
    -11.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 97
Templates for the new RRR sunshades! [ddd

Haha... after years of driving my ratty truck around with a plexiglass windshield... I'm goin' for the real thing! Having a glass shop cut new ones for my chop top!

BoB

Attachments

• -12.jpg
    -12.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 34
After getting my glass windsheild broke last week, there's no way I would ever run a plexi windsheild in anything again. That lick was so hard it would have went straight through a piece of plexi. Could have been bad if it had of been on my side. :eek: The safety glass did it's job, even though I still got some glass splinters inside, the glass stayed intact in the frame. I would have been wearing a piece of plexi! :eek:

I thought you were gonna install a urinal in your shop. A windshield is even better. Although the urinal idea is good too.

After getting my glass windsheild broke last week, there's no way I would ever run a plexi windsheild in anything again. That lick was so hard it would have went straight through a piece of plexi. Could have been bad if it had of been on my side. :eek: The safety glass did it's job, even though I still got some glass splinters inside, the glass stayed intact in the frame. I would have been wearing a piece of plexi! :eek:
Thanks a lot for that info . My plexi glass windshield will be replaced be fore I use it again .

Glad to see ya installing a glass windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put a lexan windshield in my 40 and it blew in and damn near took my shoulder off. Only glass for me!!!

Glad to see ya installing a glass windshield!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I put a lexan windshield in my 40 and it blew in and damn near took my shoulder off. Only glass for me!!!

Side windows and rear window only for Lexan. If you ever have to get "Inspected" your vehicle won't pass with plexi/lexan for a windshield.
Glad you are replacing yours tripper.[cl [cl
Torchie

Glad you are replacing yours tripper.[cl [cl
Torchie

I've had windshield incidents in the past & felt I was pressing my luck!

BoB

phew !!

I thought you were about to announce plans for new floor covering in the bathroom,, and that was the bowl pattern.....

Got rubber trimmed & fix'n to install passenger side, hope it goes in easy!

BoB

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 16
My 1st attempt at the passenger side glass was a lil off (too big) so I had it trimmed down & will try to install again tomorrow. I worked on lining up the pinchweld today & if all goes well I'll have the driver's side cut, install it & get the wiper in next! Can't wait to have real glass & a wiper! :D

BoB

I feel your pain... my windshield took 3 tries to get something that would go in...
I've learned a lot about making proper templates however... a plexiglass template is your friend because its rigid enough for test fit, and they make it identical to your template that way.

I feel your pain... my windshield took 3 tries to get something that would go in...
I've learned a lot about making proper templates however... a plexiglass template is your friend because its rigid enough for test fit, and they make it identical to your template that way.

For shore... I'll definitely do that next time! Got hung up today & was not able to work on it but will try again in the morn... fingers crossed!

BoB

Looking good Bob.
When I chopped my cab I was real particular about getting the pinch weld all on the same plane.Makes installing the glass so much easier.
Torchie

Looking good Bob.
When I chopped my cab I was real particular about getting the pinch weld all on the same plane.Makes installing the glass so much easier.
Torchie

Lesson learned! Had a lil trouble on the outside but finally got it! Hope the other side goes as well!

BoB

RATS!!!
I was contemplating a plexi or lexan windshield for the '39. You guys are making me lean towards that expensive glass again. :eek:

At least it is stock.

Thanks, I guess... :D

Latest posts

Back