Where has the time gone?!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
My child is 40 years old! His child is about this same age! WHERE has the time gone?!?

BoB

Attachments

• falldown.jpg
    falldown.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 29
Little fella doesn't look like a happy camper:D:p. When your kids get past 40 it makes you feel old, really really old. Especially when they say, let me do that for you, i don't want you to hurt yourself.:eek:

Yeah , my daughter's 40 too but she knows better than to try that "hey, let me get that for you" stuff...[ddd:D

With all the issues I have, I'm probably still in better shape to do things that most 40 year olds can't handle. The way it looks around here, the generation after mine is not in as good a shape as the one that followed theirs. Don't understand that...maybe my generation didn't pass on the needed info!:rolleyes:

I never thought about aging until I had children. They became the barometer that I gauge many things by.
My wife and I are now the same age that our parents were when we met and our oldest daughter is now about the age we were when we married.
"The beat goes on........"
Torchie

If it's any consolation Bob, you aren't alone. My mind hasn't aged a day since I was 25, but the rest of me has. Suddenly I'm a couple of months from retiring and it seems that the time goes faster every year!

I don't like to think about it. The other day in line at the store as I fumbled to get correct change I needed to advise the impatient youngsters behind me that it wasn't that long ago that I was stuck behind the old guy. I peddled my mountain bike 1400 vertical feet 5 miles up and 5 back down yesterday. My wife and I started late with kids at 35 or so. Our kids are in their middle 20's.

They were in the kitchen and my wife was making him a snack
Her- here is your hotdog honey
Him-thanks gramma
Her-would you like me to slice it for you?
Him- no thanks. I got it
HAII-YAAH!!!!
Me- what is going on in there!
Her - aiden just karate chopped his hotdog!

I know the feeling. I've got places that ache that I didn't know I have. Have to make myself notes to remember stuff, if I remember the note I made.:rolleyes:
Got to where I want to take a mid day nap a lot of days. What I used to do all day now takes all day to do, if I even get through with it then. Tired of working, but not old enough to retire, still like 3 years until I'm 62, don't know if I'll even be able to afford to do it then. And we're raising a 5 year old ADHD Grandson who is about 6 months to a year behind in development.:eek:

If I had of known I'd live this long I'd taken better care of myself.:rolleyes:

I have a 21 year old and a 19 year old. I'm hoping they learned from my mistakes and do a lot better than I did. I'm about 8 years away from retirement. I'm haveing serious doubts about being able to afford to. On top of that I'm dealing with my Mom who has alzhimers. I thought life was supposed to get easier as time went on. [S

With 2 of my kids over the age of 50 there's no denying I have arrived at Old Age. Some of my grandkids are approaching 30. I can speak from experience that the Golden Years are more than a bit tarnished.
Nowadays health is the big issue. If you don't have decent health everything else seems secondary.
I have lost more strength, stamina, speed and flexibility from age 70 to 75 than in any other 5 year period.
But if you have some financial security, good friends, a loving family and enthusiasm for something (in my case, hot rods) then life is still fun and exciting.

Latest posts

Back