Help!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

danimal

Hello I need some help on setting up a suicide frontend on my 47 ford rat. This my first stab at a rat so i could use some advise. The front end is a stock 47 ford deluxe. I don't like the way the spring mounts to the axle. Is there anyway i can change it to make it more stable? I have looked at pix and videos but as you can see its not exactly like a model a frontend. Any advise is appreciated!

Attachments

• 20170117_145930.jpg
    20170117_145930.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 76
I don't like the way the spring mounts to the axle.

That's why they call it a suicide front end!

Is there anyway i can change it to make it more stable? I have looked at pix and videos but as you can see its not exactly like a model a frontend. Any advise is appreciated!

Most people split the wishbones, that adds to stability and makes more room for the engine/trans!

Toad

spring behind.

you could split the bones, then move the spring behind the axle, use a shorter model A spring to fit, then rework the spring mount to an upside down L. that would push the front axle farther foreward, lots of picts on the net of that setup

The 47 spring mounts on the end of the wishbones, that's why it looks different. You can buy a spring mount that puts the spring on top of the axle instead of in front of it, then you can split the wishbones or use something like hairpins or 4 bars. If you do move it on top, you will need a shorter length wise spring.

Latest posts

Back