Kechi 1949 3100 4.3 4L60e

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For sure electrical is no place for shortcuts. When I moved in this house, it had two circuits. Yes, two circuits. Two 30 amp fuses ran the whole house! I don't know how it kept from burning down. My wife lived here as a kid, said it has always been that way. :eek: They did have a 220v AC and clothes dryer on the outside breaker box, and a 60 amp breaker feeding the inside panel.

I put in a new panel, all breakers and got rid of the fuses. Split everything up in different circuits, think I ran about 300 ft of 10-2 with ground wire. Replaced every light fixture and installed wall switches, most were simple pull chains on the fixtures. Almost all the bulbs now are LEDs, slowly getting rid of the squiggle fluorescents as they go out. Oh, added outlets where I could. Before, each room had one, now they have at least two, some four.

I have replumbed the whole house once, the bathroom twice. Ran new propane gas line a couple of years ago from the tank to inside. I put on one shingle roof by myself. I hired the steel roof, the brick work, and cedar siding though.

Now I'm still trying to build my add on shop/parking area, just waiting on my cousin for some steel he promised me, but about tired of waiting on him. I need to get it done this year, and I work slow anymore!

turns out we are in city limits but are in rural water district, and waddayaknow they apply the past due amount to the HOUSE and not the bill holder. so with 4 years of late fees its 1178 bucks. :confused:

That's just plain ridiculous. I understand every district, county and/or municipality have their own policies and criteria... however, SOMEBODY should have made you aware of the monies owing... most certainly your real estate agent/broker... or, the lawyer drawing the papers. [S[S[S

I bought my current (and forever) home from the bank and the previous owner's many creditors. In order to clear the title and own it in my name, I had to pay the creditors and remove any liens or encumbrances from the property's title. The process was easy and I didn't have to deal with the previous owner's delinquent utility accounts, period.

Anyhow, SHAME on the persons who should be looking out for you and your investment. I'd be completely cheesed and hunting for somebody's blood. :mad:

Last edited:
Anyhow, SHAME on the persons who should be looking out for you and your investment. I'd be completely cheesed and hunting for somebody's blood. :mad:

well, that would be ME>

I did my due diligence, I paid for a title search before we bid on the auction, I knew the extent of the encumbrances. the water bill slipped by because its on the VEEERRRY corner of the city, so it is septic not city sewer and RWD not city water. the meter reader came by and told us about their policy. I cant really figure it out, he says they only let the bill go three months overdue and tehn charge $5 month late fees, so that should be 240 for 4 years and a MAX of 100 bucks outstanding.

I need to call someone other than the meter guys contact at the office.

haha no worries dr, i paid for a title search and it usually turns this stuff up, but this got missed. nobody to blame but me, wont make the same mistake again.

reinspected electrical, everything es ist alles gut! quite a bit over the first estimate but to be fair there was a lot of work to do.

truck work!

got the firewall welded up

attachment.php

back on the frame

attachment.php

seam sealed and test fit the HVAC

attachment.php

attachment.php

my daughters were delighted by the hundreds of baby spiders on the front clip, whoops! guess its been in the driveway a while. definitely due for a wash.

attachment.php

I like leaving the front clip together as much as possible, and trimming carefully.

attachment.php

looks like I trimmed enough.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

tomorrow I will set the front wheel location in the wheelarch and bolt the cab down solid.

Attachments

• IMG_4136.jpg
    IMG_4136.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4138.jpg
    IMG_4138.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_4140.jpg
    IMG_4140.jpg
    106 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4141.jpg
    IMG_4141.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4142.jpg
    IMG_4142.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_4143.jpg
    IMG_4143.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4144.jpg
    IMG_4144.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_4145.jpg
    IMG_4145.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_4133.jpg
    IMG_4133.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 85
this house is gonna kill me. when we bought the property for the shop, the plan was to do nothing to the house except maybe bulldoze it. then we needed to redo the house electrical in order to repower the shop and that has snowballed. so now we did siding and some windows and my wife is busy mudding every room and talking about flooring. I am doing new interior doors and trim and a thousand other things. :confused: here it is water tight.

attachment.php

attachment.php

got the front end all welded up and ready for the new plastic air director.

attachment.php

I also got the motor mount bolts in and the brake lines flared and connected from removing the abs. no pics of that.

next I installed the pedal mount and column mount I started a million years ago.

attachment.php

braced to the dash and to the orginal dash brace.

attachment.php

test fit, needed a small adjustment to the upper column mount

attachment.php

all better.

attachment.php

back out for bracing and finish welding.

attachment.php

I drove to omaha to pick up some parts for the next truck, a really nice guy is building a truck for his wife and wants to start with new sheetmetal.

attachment.php

I plan to run the yellow parts with that black 47 cab I bought from wayne, I should pick that up this weekend or next

attachment.php

thats all for now, I had a tooth extracted this week and dealing with all that.

Attachments

• ISm6n0w6dtuh9g0000000000.jpg
    ISm6n0w6dtuh9g0000000000.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3223.jpg
    IMG_3223.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 76
  • 58622424628__4A9F4B3A-B656-40B2-BFF6-C9C798F42A8A.jpg
    58622424628__4A9F4B3A-B656-40B2-BFF6-C9C798F42A8A.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 74
  • 58620995041__8F6BC1E4-B8BC-4121-8326-040ADB2EF1C6.JPG.jpg
    58620995041__8F6BC1E4-B8BC-4121-8326-040ADB2EF1C6.JPG.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 75
  • 58621324816__1E59DB89-B5D9-427C-9A4B-6E1CD06B084D.jpg
    58621324816__1E59DB89-B5D9-427C-9A4B-6E1CD06B084D.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4528.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4528.JPG.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_4529.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4529.JPG.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4538.jpg
    IMG_4538.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4343.JPG.jpg
    IMG_4343.JPG.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4401.jpg
    IMG_4401.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 74
Nice Progress. Like the yellow parts score as well. [P
Check out your roast in tha BS lounge Joe for joining the 1000 post club. :cool:

Lots of irons in the fire.
I remember what that is like.[ddd
Good to see you being able to spend some time on your project.
[P [P [P
Torchie

its not my favorite thing to do any more. I spent a lot of time at shows when I was younger but now the people are different, there is a lot of "what I woulda done" and "what you shoulda done" thrown around. most of these guys have never held a grinder, and their last project has been sitting disassembled for decades because taking something completely apart is light years easier than putting it back together. dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with working at your own pace, but maybe keep your nose out of my backyard if you cant rake yours. others bring the late model stuff like dodge demons/hellcats and camaro zl1s that I could see at the dealerships.

I try to go to automobilia, which is a nice show in downtown with a great cruise afterwards, and the run-what-you-brung attitude is great. I like KKOA salina too, although its been years since I have gone and I see its already past this year. and last run in ark city is another great one. starbirds show is run by devlins now, and I havent really been in a couple years, no reason I guess except ticket prices, and I dont really enjoy the sameness of the magnificent 7 cars (used to be joker cars) any more.

the project looks awesome

did you do any type of fish plate on the frame where you sectioned it?

the project looks awesome

did you do any type of fish plate on the frame where you sectioned it?

no, I kept the joint the same way as the factory did it, its not a butt splice, the back section of the frame slides over the front section of the frame by about an inch or so. and the inside section of the front frame is a c channel that goes back about 5 inches on the rear frame section, almost like a fishplate made of c channel

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back