R.s.c. Build off car!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I got the frame rails back on the table and plan to have them well it up and cleaned up by the end of the week. I also have some leaf spring showing up along with the stuff for shackle hangers and shackles in the front. Once I get that stuff set up I will get the rear end started!

So how does the budget account for things like this inherited body and parts you've had hanging around for years? I'm just curious, since what you already have could easily take some guys $4K to acquire, so is that accounted for at all?

I'm very excited to see what you build for a Model A gasser [cl Those rear tires need to be larger though [ddd

I had the same question...is the $4,000 in addition to a vehicle and parts you already have on hand?

I was wondering that too
The not so reality, reality shows, have the under so many $$$ budget builds then, go to all their friends for donations and don't count that in the final tally.
Don't get me wrong, I love what you're doing [cl[cl[cl :cool:
[P[P[P

I was wondering that too
The not so reality, reality shows, have the under so many $$$ budget builds then, go to all their friends for donations and don't count that in the final tally.
Don't get me wrong, I love what you're doing [cl[cl[cl :cool:
[P[P[P

Yeah, some guys pay more than $4K for a Model A body up here!

I went over that a little bit in my YouTube video. Parks need to have a quote-unquote Craigslist price put on them if you have them. So the motor that we are using that came out of my high school car we are going to put a Craigslist price on of about five hundred bucks cuz you can buy a 289 around here for five hundred bucks or so off the internet. The only other thing I have had that I did not pay for is the body, now that I am not putting a price on because that was an inheritance handed down to me by my grandpa. If people want to throw a fit about it they can throw a fit about it. To be honest with you it's not so much the build off that is getting me going on this car it's the fact that I actually get to do it. I remember as a young kid seeing this and the Roadster we have sitting in the back of the shop buried under parts and dust and cobwebs and thinking to myself man someday I would love to do something with those cars. I am now getting the opportunity so that is more so the reason why I'm doing this. If they don't like it and they don't think it follows their Build-Off rules so be it. I'm still going to have a badass race car when I'm done

I went over that a little bit in my YouTube video. Parks need to have a quote-unquote Craigslist price put on them if you have them. So the motor that we are using that came out of my high school car we are going to put a Craigslist price on of about five hundred bucks cuz you can buy a 289 around here for five hundred bucks or so off the internet. The only other thing I have had that I did not pay for is the body, now that I am not putting a price on because that was an inheritance handed down to me by my grandpa. If people want to throw a fit about it they can throw a fit about it. To be honest with you it's not so much the build off that is getting me going on this car it's the fact that I actually get to do it. I remember as a young kid seeing this and the Roadster we have sitting in the back of the shop buried under parts and dust and cobwebs and thinking to myself man someday I would love to do something with those cars. I am now getting the opportunity so that is more so the reason why I'm doing this. If they don't like it and they don't think it follows their Build-Off rules so be it. I'm still going to have a badass race car when I'm done

Good for you!![cl[P

Had a guy dressed in all brown drop off some goodies today!! Front springs and hangers!!

Thanks for the support guys.im buddy's with one of the guys putting it on. So I have been keepimg in touch with him on what they are expecting and what I'm doing lol. So far we are good.

Late night tonight. Finished up what I wanted to on customers rigs so I finished welding up my frame rails!!

Now for lots of grinding!![;)

Attachments

• 0627192306_HDR.jpg
    0627192306_HDR.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 50
  • 0627192314_HDR.jpg
    0627192314_HDR.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 48
Frame rails done. Now for cross members

Attachments

• 0629191426_HDR.jpg
    0629191426_HDR.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 42
  • 0629191604_HDR.jpg
    0629191604_HDR.jpg
    138 KB · Views: 41
  • 0629191604a_HDR.jpg
    0629191604a_HDR.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 42
  • 0629191605_HDR.jpg
    0629191605_HDR.jpg
    137.7 KB · Views: 40
Got the frame cross members welded in. Flipped it over to start on the suspension. Got the front tacked on. Have a little issue. The centering pin is 3" to far back to center the wheels in the fenders. I'm contemplating re-drilling the centering pin location. Not sure if anyone sees a problem with that, if so let me know. I'm not worried about the Castor angle because I can set that with my pads on the front beam. Also it's not going to change that much by moving the centering pin forward. Also my front shackle hangers are a little bit off the front of the frame. But I will be cutting the front of the tab off and reinforcing the mount with a gusset from the frame to the shackle eyelet. I also started the rear ladder bar setup

Attachments

• 0707191423a_HDR.jpg
    0707191423a_HDR.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 0707191423b_HDR.jpg
    0707191423b_HDR.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 41
  • 0707191540_HDR.jpg
    0707191540_HDR.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 38

Latest posts

Back