renick 46 ford bobber truck

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cornfield customs

i sold the 46 cab i had to Josh, and wants me to get it built into a roller while he is deployed over seas. i have been getting some parts delivered at the shop, and have pretty much everything i need to get started. so the other day i cleaned off the frame table and ran the grinder over it to make sure there was nothing going to cause issues on it. double checked it for level to make sure it hasnt moved and got started on the frame.

the frame is 2x4x 3/16 wall rectangular tube, front rails are tapered from 4 inches to 3 inches in the front. 4 inch "Z" in the front, 13 inch "Z" in the rear. round tube front cross member in the front, will have a suicide perch. going with one of my round tube center cross member sections. coil overs in the rear......... will cover more when i get farther along. here is is as of the end of work today. the perimeter frame all welded up and the front "Z" plated

DSCN6209.jpg

DSCN6210.jpg

DSCN6211.jpg

DSCN6212.jpg

DSCN6213.jpg

DSCN6214.jpg

DSCN6215.jpg

DSCN6216.jpg

DSCN6217.jpg

made some more progress, but not much.. been getting ready for my open house on friday night.

finished all the plating and gussets on the frame

DSCN6220.jpg

DSCN6221.jpg

DSCN6219.jpg

started bending up the center section/ trans cross member

DSCN6218.jpg

DSCN6223.jpg

DSCN6224.jpg

Damn cool on the test fit!
My plan is to get a gantry A-Frame setup when I get more room...
Thats a great way to lift things alone.... for now I use a chain fall on a beam in the attic above the garage...

Seriously though, nice work! If you were local I'd be coming to the open house just to see all your work!

back on this one for the week, finally back on track and back into my normal rotation of work. got the front end mocked up, and the new rear had a bunch of ugly crap all over so i got it all cleaned up and ready for the new 4 link. just waiting on some parts to come in on the rear.

front end

DSCN6439.jpg

DSCN6440.jpg

DSCN6444.jpg

DSCN6445.jpg

the rear end before cleaning it up

DSCN6446.jpg

all cleaned up

DSCN6447.jpg

DSCN6448.jpg

the short block showed up today as well

DSCN6449.jpg

and a side shot set up at ride height

DSCN6451.jpg

Definitely looking good on the work, interested in seeing your coilover upper mounts,
kinda wish I would have gone that way, but I'm good with stock for now =)

What spring rate you running on the coilovers?

Latest posts

Back