My instant classic!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't been doing much on the old 'Binder. Too many other things on the go but over the next few weeks I intend to get back at it I promise! My garage at the moment is home to my R130 and my soon to be parts chaser - the '83 Chevy 2500 rustbucket! Having a tough time with working on everyone elses junk and not my own ( joys of being a licensed mechanic [S) I'm still waiting on word back on my SD 220 engine which is still at the machine shop in line to be freshened up ( if they can find new pistons)

Ok so I got all caught up with everybody else's junk. Tomorrow I'll be starting in on the body work that the old girl needs. I'll be using with some rust converter to get the patina to a level I'm happy with, then prime and get the pot holes filled. I also have to give the new bumper I picked up a bit of attention especially the bumperettes. On the '50s Internationals they were considered a valuable option thus are very rare. They are a bit bent and one has a small tear so it will be fixing and sending to get re-chromed along with the bumper. As it stands at this time I am considering making the truck as nice as when it left the factory in Chatham Ontario.[dr Don't worry about this truck being a non-rat as there is another truck that I own (a 1953 R160) to fill that void.[;):D[;) I also have the '83 Rat chaser (high sierra 2500).

Attachments

• IMG_4566.JPG
    IMG_4566.JPG
    76.9 KB · Views: 12
I got the engine back from the re-builders untouched after all this time except for hot tanking and now I have some sense of direction. What I intend to do is clean up the bores and re-ring the old mill. I suspect that the build will take extra time because of this but in the end I'll be able to proudly say I did it myself.[;)[cl

Latest posts

Back