1954 Studebaker 3R5 Pickup Build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All that looking good, I lifted up on the cab and my buddy slid some 1x(something) tubing underneath the cab and put it on top of the Stude frame.

3-21-12091.jpg

3-21-12092.jpg

After some more lifting and a little cussing (very little) we were able to slide the cab onto the S-10 chassis

3-21-12093.jpg

[/QUOTE]

And here I have been doing this all wrong! thought I had to lift up the cab, make mounts, fit it, take it off, weld, re-fit, off , on, off on again. And here you guys show me you simply "Slide over and install"! Lol! Looks good Ron.

And here I have been doing this all wrong! thought I had to lift up the cab, make mounts, fit it, take it off, weld, re-fit, off , on, off on again. And here you guys show me you simply "Slide over and install"! Lol! Looks good Ron.

Well John....the body mounts unbolted from the Studebaker frame and I figured I'd do all the measuring and fabbing on the mounts (alot smaller and easier to move then a cab) and just bolt them to the S-10 frame.....Especially since we don't have a lift to keep lifting an lowering the cab. Just a couple fat old guys doing what we can without killing ourselves.

HOWEVER.....since these pics were posted. I've been seriously considering sliding the cab back onto the original frame (easy enough since I never got to modifying the cab mounts for the S10 chassis). You see I have this Corvette front cradle that's complete and that would be easy enough to put on the front of the original frame with some 2x3 or 2x4 tubing. Then throw the Camaro rear under the back with some lowering blocks (I think the Corvette rear needs to go under a different car)

IMG_0882.jpg

good looking truck! here is mine on a s10 frame

JS...How does the S-10 look under the front of yours? I'm thinking the front track was a little narrow for the pick up, which is why I was thinking about the Corvette front

Rust never Sleeps

Out of the Blue and into the Black

the s10 track is narrow... i have 14x8.5 ET IV wheels on the front of mine now .... i was running 14x7 you have to run a spacer to make the wheels look right under the truck. was a easy swap though. my truck had not been driven since 1966 and 5 weeks after i bought it i was burn'n rubber!:D

Latest posts

Back